• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 02, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
In lieu of recent events,
Today is a GREAT DAY for AMERICA!

224812.jpg

Joe
Go to FAQ #14 and scroll down to more hydro info amd read Mcgivers explanation. Unfortuanately you may just have to live with it.

Dave S,

Make sure you have the coil wired correctly and the condensor connected the negative terminal on your ignition coil which is the same terminal the wire from the points is connected to...or should be connected to. Here's the wiring diagram link. http://www.cubfaq.com/wiringdiagrams/129.jpg

If that checks out and you didn't replace the condensor, then I would recommend trying a new one and finally a new spark plug if the new condensor doesn't solve it. Try these simple items first before taking everything back apart to check the cam shaft timing. Hope that helps.

Thanks for all the good advise, this is a great web-site.
Will try it out and let you know how it gos.
I think the last post might fix it,
have new coil, plug and condenser.
I will have to check the wiring may have mixed it up.
thanks,
Dave
will post some picks when I can.

You got that right Charlie. I hope some very good things come about due to what happened.

2 Questions that I hope you guys can answer. #1, I need a new belt to run my 50A mower deck and am not sure the one that came with my 1450 is correct. Cans anyone tell me the factory size of the belt? #2, the blades of the fan on my drive shaft are broken off. I am planning on replacing it when I get time, but am I going to cause permenant damage to the hydro unit if I run the machine without the fan?

David K.....try here..http://cubfaq.com/questions.html ...#4.....you might try here before you ask questions...there is a ton of info listed here by our leader...Charlie.

As far as the fan blade, will it hurt it...probably not, but it was built with the fan to help air flow off the hydro....SOOOOOOO !!!!....up to you!

Hope this helps!

Rick, right after I posted the question, I came across the faq's in a previous post and kinda felt stupid. Sorry. As for the fan, I am definately going to repair it, but just don't have time to get at it right now. I appreciate where you are coming from, and will get to it ASAP. I am just worried that I am risking major damage, but right now that is all I have to mow with. Thanks

David, you should be OK running that without the fan for a while but It'd be best to replace it sooner rather than later. Be sure to make note of the location of the existing fan hub. Many have installed a new fan only to have the blades sheared off when they first raise the hydraulic lift. There's not a whole lot of clearance between the fan and the lift... There was a discussion on this back in early April, here's a link to that discussion:

HYDRO FAN

I recently bought a 44inch mower deck to replace the rotted one on my 129. After getting it home, I found the mounting and drive pulley location was wrong. I was then thinking about cutting the old brackets off my rotted deck and welding them on the newer one. I then lucked out and found the correct deck at a yard sale. (owner sold the tractor with a snow blower attached and forgot about the deck).
But don't know what it fits. The data tag lists as follows:

0351039U
44LT 39219X
44LT

If anyone knows what this deck fits or a place I can look it up, please let me know.

Davie

[email protected]

Charlie,
It sure is!
Strange though, that this event should happen just at the beginning of the re-election campaign!
1a_scratchhead.gif
whistling.gif

OK, got some pics of the antique engine/tractor show. I don't know how to create a link, so I'll just post some of the best. If anyone knows how to downsize the pics a little, go ahead.
My setup:
224829.jpg

some hit & miss motors:
224830.jpg

other tractors: (
facepalm.gif
)
224831.jpg

IH, man!
224832.jpg

224833.jpg

Other cubs:
224834.jpg

My brother-in-law's:
whistling.gif

224835.jpg

Wish I could have got a better pic of this one.
224836.jpg

Quick, show some more cubs!
224837.jpg

Kraig,

Thanks for the information and the pics. Very helpful. I've been working on restoring the CCO on and off for a couple of years. I'm getting close to painting it and discovered I have a little more work to do to make the fenders work. Hope to have it done this summer!

Davie Perry
that 44 will work on a 129, 149 and some other Cubs, maintenance will win in the end. I had a guy here Tonite willing to spend $450.00 for a good deck.He has come to the reality they don`t make them like that any more.I have just enuf IH tractors that I feel for them but don`t, won`t to sell them any thing.Because they have a 169 or a 1650 that I don`t have. 12 is plenty for me,but soon I will just have four for the wife to keep track of. my 61 O my 100, my 149 and a 1512 diesel
worthy.gif
sorry.gif

Can I move Carter carb from 1650 to 1450 that had Walbro?

I have a 1650 and a 1450. I'd like to pull the 1650 out of service for a refurb and use the 1450 for mowing this season. The 1450 had a #52 Walbro carb on it. I'm about ready to put the 1450 back together and I was thinking of pulling the Carter #30 carb from the 1650 and putting it on the 1450, then buying another Carter prior to putting the 1650 back together.

Will the Carter #30 bolt right up and run correctly on the 1450? Will the linkage work the same, or do I need to move anything else over when move the Carter?

Thanks for any advice,

-Calvin

Don T, You'd be one tractor away from my perfect set. Original, narrow frame wide frame, quiet line and a red gt. Eveerybody has thier own idea of the perfect "set".

Rod,
thanks for the advise it worked.
I still need to do some fine tuning on the timing and pull the head
clean her up from having it set wrong. It is back firing under load
think it is a combo of the valves and timing.
thanks again, I must have been tired when I set her up.
Keep on cubing

Thanks
Dave

Calvin, #30 Carter is what came on a 1450, so yes they will interchange

Back