• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 30, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wdeturck

Here are some pictures of the articulating tracror that was at the Auburn, IN show. I had the name wrong(Brutte Boss Hogg). Thanks to Hank Wills for the pictures.
17309.jpg

17310.jpg

17311.jpg

Matt- exploded views of augers can be found in scrap-yards everywhere! :-}

(sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Hey Travis- do you share in Kraig's 20-message rule, or are you so broke (from paying for Art's friendship-by-visa) that you can't afford more?

Dang it Art, look what you started with your sarcastic comment. Now everytime someone emails me I'm going to get 20 copies of the same message, that ought to give my ISP's spam filter a workout. :eek:)

Just a quick update on the repair of my hydro leak.

I tried making my own gasket as suggested. Used .020 thick neoprene material. Bolted it back together and refilled the rearend. The next morning I went to the garage and discovered a big puddle under it. @/>>#*!!

Took it back apart and installed a new oem cork gasket with a very light coat of aneorobic gasket sealer. Torqued to spec.

Two days later, still not a drop on the garage floor. I guess it's better to use the factory gasket.

Terry, I do believe that .020 is a tad thin. Perhaps Richard C. will post what thickness he used for his gasket. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Kraig - I think Richard used 1/16th inch mat'l which was .0625". Buna N, or Nitrile sheet gasket material actually resists petroleum oil better than neoprene. Viton has the best resistance but is WAY Over kill and much more expensive.

Spec gasket thickness (cork gasket) I believe is .036, I got that off a drawing, don't ask where, it's off topic.
happy.gif

Well the contractor is gone and the kids are boxed in!!!!!

Made sure I put plenty of gates in (wide enough for the Cubs w/44" deck)
happy.gif

17313.jpg

17314.jpg

17315.jpg

17316.jpg

All,
How in the heck do I get this S.O.B. off??
confused.gif

your_image.gif

I thought I had all the FMs, but apparently not.
I even tried
swear.gif

Please help.
sad.gif

Kent S. -

But didja read the FAQ?
wink.gif

Sounds like ya might not have found that there's TWO set screws in each hole...

Kraig, Dennis,

I think your right about the .020 being to thin. If I had read Richards post more closely I would have noticed he did say the thickness was 1/16 he used. I wish I would have measured the stock gasket before I installed it. By then frustration had set in and I just wanted to get it together. All is well now. No leaking.

Thanks for the help guys.

Bryan,
Yes I knew there was 2 set screws and I had the gear puller on just like the pic in the FAQ. But I stopped because it didn't seem right.
Thanks! I'll try it again.

Kent,
I've also found that if you turn the PTO where two sets of screws are angled up and fill the little batsages with PB Blaster and it seems to soak in quicker, Just a thought.

I coulda sworn the "yank the chain" method of PTO removal was in the FAQ. Oh well, what do I know
wink.gif

Here is a cutaway view of the PTO and you can see the double set screws and why they use the cone point screws first. I found they have a locking set screw that has the allen hole the entire way through the set screws available from Mcmasters. They even show a locking nut on the bearing locking set screw that is also listed in the CP-113. I don't know if was ever posted here.
17321.jpg

I hate to say it, but check for another set of allen screws, I found 3 in each hole of one that I removed.

My PTO puller looks like sort of a rube goldberg setup, but a bearing seperator attached to a steering wheel puller, with a slide hammer in the center of that does the trick every time. . . . . just a real goofy contraption!

Kent,

Get an 18" or longer prybar, a heavy hammer and put the point in the belt groove of the pto. Turn the crook end back toward where the s/g lives. Now hit the crook of the bar. Rotate the pulley and repeat.

Don't force it! If it still doesn't budge, get a bigger hammer (I used an 8 pounder). It's real gratifying to get to pound on the thing that's been beating you up for the last couple of days. Oh yeah, you might want to pad the floor in front of the pto.

Good luck and good Cubbin'

Wyatt was that you who snagged that "Z" model tiller? Someone got a good deal.

Latest posts

Back