• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 29, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,

THanks for the help. I have the hitch in your picture. The part I need bolts to the attachment so it fits this sleeve hitch. The following statement is not a complaint just a fact: Cub Cadet Specialties' phone has been disconnected and they are not returning emails. I am under the assumption they have retired. THey have the part I need pictured under misc. I may have to fabricate one, it does not look too complicated. Has anyone made one and is 1/4" stock heavy enough? I will be pulling a 10" plow with my cadet 100.

Daren-
I see you have an Earthlink account- did you allow Earthlink to recieve CC Specialties' emails, otherwise they'll be blocked. BTDT

Also make sure your Email subject line reads "Cub Cadet Parts" or something similar.

Anything that sounds like spam (wanted, special offer, sale, etc.) will likely be caught by a spam filter and may not get read.

BTW, if you have the Brinly adapter, and an IH 3pt./sleeve hitch, what else do you need to hook up your plow???????

I did not buy a Brinly plow. I bough a David Bradley that I need to attach the C shaped hitch to and then to my tractor. I will try and email again. I will check the spam box on the Earthlink account. Does anyone have any thoughts on the phone number?

Daren-
I'm not sure with the few David Bradley tractors out there that they'd carry parts for those plows, at least looking through the website I didn't see what you might be looking for. Can you find a picture of what it is you're looking for?

Perhaps you're talking about the lower 3-point bracket that attaches with three bolts to the transaxle?

I am tyring to post one but can get the file size small enough. Cub Cadet Connection has one pictured under implements. I just emailed Cadet Specialties. Cadet Connection is the one that may have retired. I will try the David Bradley site.

Ahhhhhh!
the "Universal Brinly Sleeve Hitch Conversion Kit (kit converts non-Brinly hitch equipment to use the Brinly style sleeve hitch)"

I didn't know anyone even carried those! Cool!

Here is an example of the part.
26790.jpg

Never mind......

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on April 01, 2005)

When I found this part, I bought the plow knowing I could make it work. Now....... I am just starting to use old equipment and am not adept in making parts yet. I guess now is the time to learn. Have to tell the wife I need some more tools.

Since we're on the subject of plows, I'll try this. When I got my original, it came with a plow, and a cultivator. Not sure they really go with the tractor, as there is no evidence that there was ever any hitch on it except for the pull hitch. Question is, where do ya find identification on these implements? I can't find any marks anywhere.

Curtis-
Some of the old Brinly parts usually just had a sticker, which as well as things last around me, comes off in the first 5 minutes of use! Usually you can get a good idea based on what color it was painted and how things are made. Things like plows . . . . from a distance one from Ohio Steel looks like a Brinly, but get closer and there's a few subtle differnces (and not necessarily are painted differnt colors).

Wyatt,
That's the other reason that I don't think these peices go with my tractor. What little paint that's left on them is green. Looks Oliver, not jon doe. Think I'll leave this alone, till I can get a camera that will let me put pic.s on here. Thanks for the start.

Rob- WOW! I was thinking more like 25 bucks! I'll check on it though, might figure out something else. Dave

David..I almost fell over when he told me $ 60.00 I think your local machine shop can make you one for a lot less if you have still have old one. It will be just as pretty as one from Cub just not as pricey

Last fall someone had a "Field change" thingy for additional grounding on the 1512's and 782D's. Also had a way to test the glow plugs with a ohmmeter. Could that person show it again

Daren >
That part should still be advailable from Brinly, with the correct part number you should be able it order it, I got one a year ago but dont have the needed part number hear at work.
The one pictured below does not have a angle on the part that connects to the beam of a plow, the angle is needed so the plow will set properly in the furrow.

Travis- Should I have the wife bake a pan of her bars for next weekend so that Kraig can cover us all in a shower of crumbs???

David Kirk-

Kraig couldn't do 4 decimal places, but I sure can- here 'ya go:

3rd Gear @3600rpm = 0.1144 miles/minute

roflol.gif

It looks like everyone is doing the same thing I am. It is such a nice day to make it a cub day. I got the cubs ready for next saturday. Took the winter implements off, gave them a bath, changed the oil, topped of the other fluids, put on the weights, and mounted the plows. Looks like I will be loading up Friday night and leaving early Saturday if everything goes right. I will give the old S-15 a good workout. When I was done with that, I installed the tiller on the 109, put a new battery in the 129, started her up and gave her a bath also. If I have time yet today, the deck will come off and get cleaned up and blades sharpened.

Back