• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 29, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonny,
Be sure and leave the rocks, we don't much care for them ya know!
biggrin.gif

Does anyone know where to get the taper pin that goes in a 123 hydro drive shaft to connect it to the engine. I checked out the vendors but didn't see anything. I've tried the ones from the local hardware store but they keep breaking!

Anyone ever seen a trailer like this one? It has IH on the front and looks to be about the same vintage as my 123 only too small. I picked it up cheap and don't know anything about it
26781.jpg

Jack S,
it looks to be IH but it defently has the wrong size wheels on it.
It would look a whole lot better with larger wheels.

Charlie,
I think I will move down your way and bring some rocks with me so we will have something to scour the points and moldboards with befor plowday.

I have a question about the CPE-2 manual. Did it start out small and grow with each new tractor series and accompanying attachments? Is it still a work in progress? If not when did it reach maturity? I guess that's three questions!

Jack S. -

Can you imagine the SIZE of the wesite required to list every one of the thousands of parts for Cub Cadets? That's why the sponsors say "if you don't see it, ASK US."

Also, please read the FAQ - your friendly neighborhood Cub Cadet dealer (check their website and use their dealer locator, or call their toll free number) can get you the parts, too.

Finally, that cart is an #3 <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> cart, a smaller, cheaper cart marketed for <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>'s lawn tractors, not Cub Cadets.

Eugene M. -

Unless <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> kept Nostradamus' head alive in a jar, it would have to have been a work in progress because they wouldn't have known about the 50A mower deck in 1963
lol.gif

It may not have always been known as the CPE-2, someone who can afford the inflated ePay prices of old <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> documents can probably answer that better
wink.gif

As far as "when was it done", I'd have to guess that since it's an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> parts book, no more sections would've been added after the time of the move to CCC/MTD. Mine's in the garage and I'm not headed out there anytime soon, so we'll leave it to the others...

JACK S. - I picked up the roll pin (Actually called a dowel pin on the reciept) You need last Saturday at Carter & Gruenwald. May not be on their website but They Got 'em, as I'm sure ALL the other sponsors do. Reason I went to C&G is that they're less than 30 miles away.

I checked out the vendors but didn't see anything.

<font color="ff0000">Moderator's note: This looked a bit to much like a "Wanted To Buy" post for this topic</font>

Did Delco Remy make some of their starter/generators using pot metal on the end plate opposite the pulley end? I have one with a hairline crack all the way to the bolt hole and need to repair it.
Bill

Daren "L",
I think you are looking for the "Sleeve hitch adapter". Check out CC Specialties site at the top of the page, and click on hitches and 3 points.

Daren, if you are looking for one of these:

26783.jpg

CC Specialties has them listed on their website some of the other forum sponsors might also have them but not have them listed.

Kraig -

Hmmmm - I wonder if that's powder coated...
lol.gif

Heading to Wisconsin to pick up a boat next week. If you see a green 03 Dodge Cummins dually go by heading north empty, or heading south towing an old boat with two Homelites on the back, say hello on the cell phone: 352-223-6012. That empty bed COULD be put to use as I'm going from Orlando to Florence, AL up the Nattchez Trace Parkway to the Interstates to Wild Rose Wisconsin and back starting Monday.
brother john

What are the gear ratios including rear axle gear in a 1963 original? What is the top speed of these? Thanks Bob

John S. -

Drive safe and stay off our tollways - unless ya wanna open your wallet W-I-D-E!
lol.gif

Bob R., top speed of an Original with 6-12 rear tires is 6.864 MPH.

Now that the snow is finally gone, I'm going to POR 15 (stuff really STINKS!) and graphite paint my CW36 thrower. Does anyone have a source for buying a replacement wear edge for CW36? THANKS! Dave Plogman

Bill G.,

All of the starter generator end caps (bushing style) that you refer to are aluminum, at least all that I've seen. Thus it should be safe to weld. Be sure to re-oil the felt reservoir as heat from welding may boil all the oil off.

Kraig, could you give us that speed out to 4 decimal places, please ;-}

David ...I bought one a few years ago for my cw 36 thru my local dealer ...But beware they are NOT CHEAP ...think mine was $60.00, the reason I spent that was my blower,has gotten a rebuild job new bearings,chains,gearbox rebuild,a total restoration. Now its almost to nice to use
happy.gif

Back