• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 27, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good Dave!
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 104
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 111
John L - I almost had tears in my eyes reading your story, and I would have had lots of tears if I had seen what you saw. 3 days of nothing but IH Cubs going to scrap. Really really sad.
a_weep.gif
a_weep.gif
a_weep.gif

David S - your 126 is looking really good. Hopefully the PTO engagement rod will slip right past the pump support bracket and "thru" the pump belt. Your grill looks quite good in the pic. You might want to just clear coat it or use as is.

Attachments

• a_weep.gif
    a_weep.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 109
  • a_weep.gif
    a_weep.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 116
  • a_weep.gif
    a_weep.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 117
David - on 2nd thought, maybe you should paint the grill with silver. Another thing I wanted to add - can you send me those towels in your pic. They look better than the ones in my throne room.
jester.gif

Attachments

• jester.gif
    jester.gif
    177 bytes · Views: 110
Dave, that 126 is looking righteous. I hope that my 108 will look that sharp one day. Great job, keep it up!
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 112
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 107
Nice and shiny David,are your front rims from a wide frame?
I ask because the valve stem thingy is on the inside.

Yeah Lew, they are.
But...they are on there just to get it off the ground!! I have new tri ribs and NF wheels for the front and different narrow wheels for the back w/tires. Just gotta get 'em painted is all.

Meanwhile, I have to swap out the oil pan on my 1450 tiller rig for a cast iron pan. Got him up on the table yesterday to service it and the Damn drain plug stripped the threads. I have another 301A on the shelf I can rob the pan from fr now, so there goes my morning. Oh well, supposed to rain today anyway.

On a Cub 149, I accidentally crossed the dark blue accessory wire to ground. Big Spark! Now my ammeter gauge is registering + voltage even with battery disconnected. Engine starts and runs and ammeter shows a higher than normal charge. When I disconnect the FLD. term from reg. it shows a normal charge on ammeter. Have I blown up my ammeter or the regulator???

Roger A.

The short caused excessive current to pass through the charge meter and likely did something to the small coil/wire windings at the base of the needle. Hard to say exactly what happened to the coil, over heated like a toaster element. I don't think you damaged the VR, you just accidently adjusted the meter's needle position. I sounds like the meter still functions, it just does not point correctly any more.

If you have a volt meter take measurements at the battery in the 3 conditions you mentioned. Battery disconnected and tractor not running, these should be the same 12v or so. Tractor running around 13.5v across the battery.

Jim

Back