• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 26, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, Rivnuts, or nutserts as we refer to them, work very well when used in correct application. We use hundreds in the assembly of a refrigeration unit, from holding door latch and other brackets on to about 20/30holding in condenser and evaporator coils in, all 1/4-20. The tools made to install them work ok, what works best is a length of 1/4"x1" aluminum flat stock with 1/4"hole, stainless washers on either side of flat stock, and 1/4-20x1" bolt. Battery impact driver till the nutsert tightens in material and it is installed. 1/4-20 nutserts fit into a 25/64" hole.

Thanks for the comments on the Nutserts/Rivnuts.

I tested a few and the impact driver is the only way to go. 1/4-20 are iffy on grip length with 1/8" thick test stock. I'm pretty sure the frame is a little thinner than that, so I should be good.

On the SGT frame, the rear holes will be no issue, but the fronts are buried under the pedestal......not removing that! I may add a 3rd set of holes in the middle....ther frame could use a little more stiffness there any way......

Will probably get to it this weekend, now that the snow has melted and I can move equipment around some again!!!

Joe P,
Since you're in Minneapolis, do I dare say you work for TK? I work for CTD div of Carrier... Used lots of rivnuts.. used them for my 149's tunnel cover
thumbsup_old.gif

ARO makes a nifty tool to set those...

Nope, TK is the enemy. I have worked at the CTD dealer in the Twin Cities for over 40 years, current employer is the 4th owner of the CTD franchise since I started. I know K series Kohlers and Kubota engines like the back of my hand, as both were/ have been used in our equipment for many years. Been to Syracuse for training a few times, but it has probably been 20 years. Interstate is a training center so the trainers come to us now.

Man I hate these little $&@?!&$. He must of found my bait and decided to quit before he got it timed. Anyone ever switch to a newer 12hp with the newer ignition? Am doing a motor swap from 1210 to a 1282. 2 wire plug is different. I have not looked at wiring diagrams yet. Was just curious if someone had a quick answer. Thanks

320036.jpg

320037.jpg

Nate B.
It's not really funny, but that's got to be one of the funniest things I've seen on a Cub in a long time!!!
biggrin.gif

Does someone know the mix ratio for the federal yellow paint?

Tim,

If you are using paint from CaseIH, there should be fine print instructions somewhere on the label. I believe the mix amounts are 8 parts paint and 1 part thinner if I recall correctly from when I mixed up some federal yellow paint the other month to spray on the 147 engine overhaul project. I use a small measuring cup to dip and measure the paint and then the thinner.

Latest posts

Back