• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 25, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, I did see the saw...
a_blink2.gif

325040.jpg

I've seen this saw two.
happy.gif

325042.jpg

And this grass cutter which also can mount an 8" circular saw, which I suppose is used on brush:

325043.jpg

Someone posted this online, depicting the Blizzard of 1966 in Syracuse NY area. We got something like 60+ inches of snow in a little over a day. the drifts were so high that in places you could touch the lower wires on the power poles. All I remember is my dad opening the garage door to reveal a slit about 8" high between the eave and the top of the drift. We made tunnels that day. my dad had to trudge to the neighbor's house across the street (they were in Florida) to get his JD 110 (ca. 1963 model)to snow blow the driveways. Here is the pic, which is in downtown Syracuse
325046.jpg

over 100" inches in Oswego north of Syracuse

325049.jpg

Got started on the yard work today.
Filled the roller w/concrete over the weekend.
20" dia and 25' long, no idea wet it weighs.
Pipe is 1/4" wall and works great!

325058.jpg

Dave: Another roller option for you.

325063.jpg

My neighbor at my old house had one he built similar to yours. It was about 2 feet in diameter and about 3 feet wide. He claimed it weighed between 1300 and 1400 pounds. It sure could flatten the ground! When I borrowed it, I pulled it with a 12.5 HP Simplicity lawn tractor. That was a pretty good load for it and I had a relatively flat yard.

Nice roller! Mine is a bit too lightweight and doesn't do enough to make it worthwhile pulling around. I need to bulk it up by 500+ lbs!

After a cold winters nap sitting outside under the nose of my race trailer, I threw the battery in the 127 Sunday afternoon, turned on the fuel, pulled the choke, gave it throttle and hit the key> Pow...it fired off like it was July! Nice. I let it warm up and ran it around the driveway before putting it all away. Guess I have all the adjustments just about perfect. Hope to use it this summer after I get the deck rebuilt on it. After rebuilding the deck on the 149 I finally know what it's like to hear the birds sing while I mow. Not screaming bearings!

David...assuming that the 25 foot mentioned on your roller is actually 25 inches, i'm thinking that your roller is roughly 670 lbs. I have one made from an old hot water tank filled with concrete and i figured that comes in at about 800 lbs. and as you say....it works great

Thanks mike.
I'll have to roll it down to the Co-op one of these days and see just what it says on the scales.
I had some barbell weights and pieces of R/R rail on it last year, I could throw them on as well for even more heft!

Back