• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 25, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, where do you think my title came from??
lol.gif

Jim-Actually it's a HIGH testosterone problem,due to a lack of a good,trouble free place in which to release it.
wink.gif

Kevin,

Is there such a thing as.... <blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

a trouble free place in which to release it.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

roflol.gif
happy.gif
wink.gif

Kevin,

Is that also why they usually have lift kits?

Travis, Hmm I guess I'll need to see the movie to understand that one.

Jim

Well, I succesfully rebuilt my first PTO. It was installed last night on the 123. I finished putting the 123 back together today, and for the first time in about a year since I have owned it, she cut grass for the first time today. Talke about the excitement. I also got the 3 pt. installed, and a few other things doen as well. I hope that you enjoy the pics.
17210.jpg

17211.jpg

17212.jpg

17213.jpg

17214.jpg

Here are some pics of the 123 in her various stages from when I got her off the trailer in Washington to now.
17215.jpg

17216.jpg

17217.jpg

does someone have a photo of a tiller mounting brackets mounted on a tractor the tiller is a u1111 tiller and i am trying to figure out the way to mount it and be able to lift it

digger thank you thats what i needed i preety much had the brackets right i did not have a clue how the chain played a part in picking it up thanks again Mike

Jeff... nice 66 galaxie there in the background... details?

A few photos of the work on the 44" deck.

It is getting a complete overhaul, with all of the performance extras that IH offered, and that I have come up with over the past few years.

Front gauge wheels, Gators, rear center roller, reinforced deck hangers, late model grab handle/discharge stiffner, new drive pulleys (including the "speed up" double pulley).......plus all of the cracks fixed and dents removed. Gets primer tomorrow, paint later in the week.

17227.jpg

17228.jpg

17229.jpg

17230.jpg

17231.jpg

17232.jpg

My baby MIG got a pretty good work-out this weekend. Got some fresh wire (no oxidation) and really noticed a difference. That's the last time I ever get a big spool for it, just don't use it fast enough to keep it clean.

Grass is already greening up, I'll probably have to get the deck on the 149 so I can mow while I finish up this one!!!!

(Message edited by sblunier on March 27, 2004)

Scott, well basicly I bought it 2 years ago, it had some issues that I was working on, and after alot of work on a few things it was running and driving great. Then one morning I was driving it to work when I took a "different" way to the base, and it was foggy and raining, and wham, I slid through an interstection and got hit in the front driver's side. It was the 500XL too. The floor shift automatic with buckets and console. It broke my heart. It has the 352F/E V8, Ford 9". So for now I am thinking about selling it on Ebay, for the engine, transmission, and sheet metal, and a bunch of other good parts. I am going to replace it with the 66 500 7 Liter with a 4spd. That is what I am after. To keep it on topic, doesn't the 123 look nice sitting by the Galaxie?

Today we found a nice 169 w/lights,hyd. lift,42" blower,44" mower,cozy cab and rear lift. Next we found an Original with blower,fenders and creeper. Around the block was a cherry #2 cart. Around the next block was a 2182. A stop at my cohorts friend's house revealed a 105,and he said his Dad had 5 more different old Cadets. This was down in Wes H.'s neck of the woods,he oughta get out more. And no,none of it was for sale right now except the 105 for way too much. However,we'll be dragging home the last thing we found,a crippled 149 for FREE! Overall a mediocre day at best,but the truck is a delight to drive. I can't wait to actually make it DO something...

Dunham said:
"Free 149.......and.......mediocre day"?????
confused.gif

Speaking of mediocre day...
I bought 20 sheets of durock and 8 bags of tile-mortar today. <font size="-2">It's gonna be a "fun" Sunday!</font>
swear.gif

Art,

My fence contractor is supposed to show up Monday....he installs 48 fence posts and I haul away the spoil Monday night.....sounds like your Sunday will be a similar experience!!!!!!

Hah!

I just got all the new drain-vent-waste lines done in our (only) bathroom... tomorrow it's supply plumbing, underlayment, floorcoverings, and hopefully (if the last round of mud is done) painting... Ann and Nick will be home around 5pm, and she ain't too keen about not having a functioning john in the house!

Darn- how you guys find all them 'free' parts-cubs? I'm gonna hafta scare up a parts-donor for the Volvo-Diesel powered 149 chassis back in the back lot... I'll obviously need some frame and hood segments to stretch the nose a bit, and I robbed it of it's pedestal for Loader-Mutt... mebbie I'll make a 'special' one to clear that big'ol two-lung oil-burner...

Kevin,
I do get out but have the same problem you did, not many are for sale. Why didn't you stop by? You could have helped put a new brake line on the old S15. My brother-in-law popped a hole in the main line from the front to the rear. I will finish it on my day off Wednesday, maybe.

Right now I am keeping my ear open on a 782 with 300 hours on it. The guy only has a tiller for it. He wants to trade it in on a new Deere. The salesman said it looked like it just came off the showroom floor. I think he is expecting more than we plan on giving him for it but I am keeping up to date on the deal.

I have my ears open on a 129 and 123 also that a guy might be selling. I am trying to get his 1450 running right now so I have the best inside track. Man I hate those Walbro carbs. The rebuild kits are expensive but at least they include all the gaskets needed. It is also a pita to have to take so much off the quietlines just to get the carb off.

Just heard about another cub for sale today. The guy is going to let me know when he gets it dug out of the back of his shed. It has a bunch of boats stored in front of it right now.

Hey Steve- Nice handywork on that deck! I've got one here (a cast-end job of unknown width) that came with my 109...it needs some patchin' up, but since I've got this Dixon ZTR, the Cub deck isn't a very high priority. Frankly, I'd be more able to use a Haban sickle in the ditch on the other side of the highway, but don't have one'a those yet...

Wes-I hear that about finding stuff that isn't for sale,I didn't stop by cuz we were on a roll. We weren't quite that far down anyway but close! I just wanted to bag SOMETHING but the 149 was it.

Art-You must be busy! The free 149 is nothing to crow about,we're gonna have to pry it out of the ground.
lol.gif

Back