• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 25, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray... you had a PERFECT opportunity, but you missed it...

You said "How Many Cookbooks Do You Need?"

She retorted "How Many Tractors Do You Need?"

You SHOULD'VE ANSWERED:

"Figger out where you want your BOOKSHELF, Darlin'"....

I'm not a professional stand-up comedian, but I have found that there's very little difference between that and controlling a classroom of 20+ unruly railroad-employees. You're either quick, or dead! :-D

Hello all,
I would like to see what people have to say about the pros and cons of re-installing balancer gears in a k301. I've read that some people have chosen not to re-install them. What's the advantage to this? What's this do to the life of the engine? Will the added vibration make my beer foam up and spill while I'm mowing the back forty?

Dan,
Too much trouble for the gain (or possible loss) in my opinion. I never put them back unless a customer wants (begs) me too. Kenny

Bryan, you might enjoy this:
17177.jpg

Keith E., Indiana Banana

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on March 26, 2004)

Here's preliminary pictures of the drive...
It's a Dayco-Carlisle setup, using a 30mm wide, 8mm tooth-pitch belt. It's got slack for two reasons;
-I used a 'standard' belt length for economy
-I intend to use a spring-type idler sheave to make removal quick and easy AND to increase the 'wrap' on both drive and driven sheave.
17179.jpg
17180.jpg

17181.jpg
17182.jpg

Part numbers/info I used for this drive are;
Dayco 800-8M-30 belt $22
Dayco P24-8M-30 20t drive sheave $38
Dayco P48-8M-30 48t driven sheave $64
Dayco JA1 1" bushing (for engine shaft/drive sheave mounting) $7
Dayco SDS 5/8" bushing (for pump shaft/driven sheave mounting) $10

According to the math, I could probably downsize everything to a 20mm wide, 8mm pitch belt, using same tooth-counts, and gain a little more space, cut down on overhanging load, albeit at a slightly higher belt-tension, a few less horsepower, and a slightly lower service-factor but shouldn't be too bad. I'll consider that when I have my 'final' bracket laser-cut.

Dave/Tedd:
I'm not as "quick on my feet" as you guys. I see the error of my ways and will allow Frau to buy the book. (Where was my brain)?

Art:
Your right. What's the line from Oliver? "Food glorious food"?

Catalpa trees are know as the Indiana Banana...at least where I am from...I have also heard them called fishing worm trees...apparently some fish like the husked beans.

You can also eat the Catalpa beans whole, or so I have been told.

I have a large Catalpa in the yard between the house and workshop, and have a whole bunch of the 12-18" long hulls in the yard.

Dave Kamp,you are gonna use the belt idler on the "backside" I hope,right?? Not the load side where you are pushing on the belt,I mean.

Ryan, shoot! The Catalpa was my first guess then I did a search and it came back with Paw Paw so I editted my post and replaced it with the link. :eek:( I have a couple of Catalpas but they are small one is 10' and and the other 3' tall. I can't wait to see them bloom but I don't know that I want to have to deal with the seed pods. There are quite a few of them around the Hudson, WI area.

Jim D.

He's on the load side...the pump is being driven......we're used to the S/G doing the driving.....

Dave Kamp,
just curious what you will end up with for the GPM output of your loader pump, it looks like you're running it at half speed. nice setup, BTW, looks extremely robust.

Bryan:
Looks like your line. That would never happen on the Electric. . .

We have a about 50-60 paw paw trees right across the creek on our property. I get them every year if I stay on them.
The raccoons or deere get them if I don't.

happy.gif

I figgered one good diesel deserved another. Don't be looking for the Nissan,it has been pawned...
wink.gif

17188.jpg

Kraig,

Sorry for no progress pics on the x82 articulated project, but there's been a certain 5-cylinder diesel that's been taking my time for the last couple of weeks...

Kevin, I'd gladly trade my Powerstroke in for another Cummins if they had a full-sized crew cab. That a 24 valve?

Latest posts

Back