• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 25, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

farmall gray

Steve B,
That is pretty cool. But I think a lot of IH guys
tune it up themselves.

Glen E,
I would rather fix it up myself. If I wanted it for a worker, I would have to tear it apart and add some modifications anyway. If I wanted it for a show piece I would have to do it myself. Since my labor doesn't cost me anything, I can spend a lot of time to make it super nice. But if I were paying someone else to make it as nice as I would want it, it would cost too much. Ask yourself this: which is more important, your time, or your money?

Todd, I don't want a 169.Just used it as an example and just curious to see. I have met some guys that only want perfectly redone stuff. My son is 11 and we both scrape alot of grease off our hands each night. Cub work keep me sane. I think.

Actually Updike didn't get that from a fortune cookie,he got it off my receipt yesterday!

Travis- Looking good! Thanks for the pics, I will email you to let you know all the ways you should do everything differently.
happy.gif

Scott- I put a trac-vac on the 782D w/50" deck for my dad last fall...it does amazing job. I used it a little when I first put it on, but don't have the leaf problem that he does. He filled up the trailer about a dozen times.

Look around for a used unit, and you will find it to be less than $1300. You can also check out the Cyclone Rake, somebody here on the forum has one, my aunt has one on a cub cadet as well...she really likes it.

I've been working on my 70 alot lately. The steering arm was broke, then welded to the spindle. It was also stuck. Cut it off and drove the spindle out. I beat the **** out of my hands tonite. Later, while lurking across the street I saw Tom Peter's super nice stuff. Then I looked at my hands and my dirty keyboard keys and thought HMM?

Just got back from Kings Auction today, it was nice to see a few of you there. About 100 Garden tractors, but only 5 Cubs, bid on most of them but did not get any bought. O well it was a fun day in the rain.

Hey Everybody!

I've been lurking a bit- I've got our only bathroom ripped-apart, so Ann and Nick are still out-of-town. Haven't had much time for cubbin', but I did get the toothed-belt drive parts in today. Don't have pics yet (camera's still full of bathroom-ripped-apart pix), but will post 'em as soon as I get the bathroom back in operation.

I took a moment to slap the sheaves and belt on, and it looks pretty good. When I send out the CAD DXF file to get the 'real' bracket laser-cut, I'll offset the pump by another 1/2" to take up some of the belt-slack and put the belt in a better position for a spring-loaded tensioner sheave... other'n that, it looks really stout (er... 'Manly' in Ehrecke-speak). According to the math, it'll be good under 2.0 service-factor and long-time lifespan for about 18hp- with the 12hp, it should last until the belt rots away.

Travis- go with duals all-the-way-around. If something breaks, build it stronger!

Dan C.,

I know I have Harolds # around here some were, i will try to find it and Email you. I dont think he is on any forums, but I think he has a computer because he was talking about some stuff on Ebay when he was here the other day. I will see what I can do.

Travis, Your project is awsome, dont you hate it when you try something just to see what it will look like that you decide you have to add but it cost a fortune.

Scott McKenzie, Charlie has a nice looking bagger setup on an older Cub that is probably less than $1300. I'd like to know more about it myself, but I haven't gotten around to asking him about it yet. My FIL has one of those Cyclone Rakes and really loves it, but I think it's pretty pricey, best I recall. What about it, Charlie, what kind of bagger do you have and where's a good place to get one like it?

Glen-
Before restoring my Original I would have said "buy the parts and do it yourself", but after spending about 3 times more than the tractor is worth in both $$$ and time, I've second-guessed myself more than once.

Ray-
Sorry for making you cry...
happy.gif

Thanks for the comments so far. Just to clearify, the unit I'm looking at mounts on the back of the tractor and it has what is essentially a big Rubbermaid trash barrel to capture the grass it is not a trailer. Due to the way my yard is, pulling a trailer around would be a pain in the butt.

Scott

I have a vaccuum that mounts on the back of the tractor like that...uses a 30 gal trashcan, everything mounts right to the tractor, no trailer. Can't really use it on the 1872 though, 60" deck fills it up too fast. Will probably use it on the 44"/149 for picking up Indiana banana's.

Kenny,
$1300.00! No way, I have about 60 bucks in mine and 50 of that are the high lift blades. Garage sale special crapsman bagger, 2 pieces of angle iron for mounting {real simple and easy}. With 6 huge walnut tress and 3 big maples, I had to find somethin. Spent about 2 hours diggin through blades that would work perfect and there ya go.
17173.jpg

Woo Hoo! Got a new computer at work 1.4GHZ, 512Meg RAM, 40Gig Hard drive and a DVD/CD-RW drive...and wireless internet connection.

Yesterday in our staff meeting, my boss said "stroke"..I chuckled and said "stroke" under my breath...but the two on either side heard me and started laughing...at least the boss thought it was funny!
happy.gif
You guys are infecting me!

Ryan -

Cool!!

So I can sit in your parking lot and pick off your packets as they go thru the air???
lol.gif

Paying bills last night with Frau.
She wanted to sneak the cost of a cook book into the mix.

I said, "How many cook books do you need?!
She said, "How many tractors do you need?!

Fellas. I need advice here. I sense a rebellion on the horizon.

Ted: You're gonna have to build out your garage to fit that beauty indoors. . . .
cool.gif

Ray-
Good cookbooks equal good meals, or at least the implication of good meals.
chef.gif

Let her get the book, you'll be the one that wins in the end...

GLEN E. - You live in ORION too? Henry Cty. must be turning into the new Hot Bed of Forum members! Far as Lawn refuse collection equip. goes the Trac-Vac is the Cadillac of the units available. The Agri-Fab's are mostly plastic anymore. I started building a Trac-Vac clone about 6 yrs ago, and rebuilt it to perform better after the first fall. I built My cart up with sides & a top to measure 32"W x 45"L x 36"T and I can fill it with dried grass clipping or leaves in 5 to 7 minutes with My 38" deck, about 500# of material. It doesn't pick up everything as good as a lawn sweeper, but on 2-1/2 acres with 30+ Maple, Ash, Willow, Birch, Locust, and Oak trees I'm seriously considering building a "BIO-MASS" furnace for the shop or house to put all the heat of burning the stuff to good use!

Latest posts

Back