• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 23, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dan c, you have the right handle on your org. as shown in the tc-82 catolog 2-61 and 1st rev. 4-61 the tc-103 catolog of 7-63 shows the later type. tom b

dan c, the tc-103 catolog was for the 70 and 100 tractors. in the tc-113 from 10-65 or rev.1 3-66 it shows the later one on the original. tom b

KEN - If Bryan's buying lunch I know I'll be at the Petro! Who's going to call and reserve Kevin the "Other Table again"?
WYATT - How did You end up getting experience with Dad's old 4010 diesel? He sold it private to the Son of one of His old high school class mates south of Cambridge, IL.
JOHN L. - Only One Prophetstown anywhere in the country. Makes for an easy search. While Your in the neighborhood You could visit beautiful downtown Hooppole, IL. and Spring Hill, Il. Tampico, birthplace of Ronald Reagan is just down the road too. And You of all people should visit Grand Detour and visit the recreated Blacksmith's shop. ;-)

Great.... Wyatt knows were I live...
hide.gif

Ryan -

I KNEW I'd hear about it this AM
lol.gif

The ADSL is working great! Got the package yesterday, thanks!!

Apostle -

Can't buy if I'm not there
wink.gif
- remember, I'm working every Saturday in April.

Too bad we can't just plow up some dirt (like a construction site), which could be done anytime, not just in April to meet some farmer's timetable. Cuz my May and June are wide open
lol.gif

As long as we're talking oil consumption. I used to have a 1981 Chevy Luv (Isuzu P'up) 4x4 with a normally aspirated 2.2L diesel and a 4 speed manual transmission. If I only ran it up to 55mph it wouldn't use any measurable oil between changes (3,500 miles). If I ran it on the freeway for only a few miles at 65mph it would use a quart but only a quart, never more. What was going on?

Dennis, How could you leave Yorktown out of that list? All 18 of those people will be mad.
And yes there is only one Prophetstown in this whole country.
Got an inch and a half of rain last night. Nice, slow and steady, a good spring rain. When it gets
closer to the time I'll e-mail out directions, apparently Map quest has an oddball way of doing it. If they send you over a bridge in Lyndon don't do it, that bridge has been closed for 30 years and there just isn't enough boards left in the floor to get a car across anymore.

Good morning, does the k161 have a different oil pan than the k241 and will a flanged pan on a 7hp fit in a 70/100 frame?? Thanks

Hey Dave- why don't we all just go to the Lyndon Pub for lunch?

Wyatt- the Isuzu is most likely drawing oil vapor up past the skirt... once the oil level gets down a quart, the 'windage' line falls low enough so that it doesn't burn anymore off. The difference probably has less to do with actual load than crankshaft RPM... cruising at highway speeds, that little motor's not really working all that hard, but it's slingin' a little windage.

Dave K2, I think you meant "Kraig" rather than "Wyatt" thanks for the explanation on the oil useage. Even down a quart it had 5.5 quarts in the little engine. It put out a whopping 65hp! On a good day it could get out of it's own way. With fuel prices as they are I sure wish I still had it, it used to get around 30-35mpg and once got 45mpg on a trip back from the cabin in a snowstorm running 35-45 mph in 4wd.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on March 24, 2004)

Kraig-
Another thought to your oil consumption on that LUV is that it came back through the PCV valve and got burned up through the engine that way. <font size="-2">Or don't diesels have PCV valves?)</font>

My Suburban used to do that before I replaced the original PCV valve with one of a new design.(replacement part number)

Either way, it did exactly what you describe. No oil usage until you step-into it.

Alternatly, a third option could be that the little weasel in the oil pan is drinking it!

Dave K, I haven't been there since it was Jessy James' place. Once you got past the occasional gunfire, not a bad group.

Speaking of 1 cylinder engines, the last tractor show I went to had one of the largest ones I have ever seen. A small man could fit in the cylinder. The owner plans on restoring it and taking it to shows. Not a real good picture as I had to crop it out of another picture.

17137.jpg

Art:

Don't believe diesel's have a PCV Valve. No vacuum system for it to fit on.

Dave:

THe one that called yesterday and left a message, the wife only got part of it. Said something about flanges. Are you the one that sent me the extra bushings?

E-mail me. She only got part of the phone number(one of those old age things--called hearing)

I needed more than the bushing as the flange was too damaged to reuse.

Did find some above from sponsor.

Thanks

Dave,

Yeah, I noticed that the forum rolled right after our posts, luck of the draw I guess.

Kraig,

How about one of these?

http://www.tdiclub.com/

I love my Golf, I get around 48 to 50 mpg, great power (90hp), and you get to fill up with the big boys at the pumps ("That thing takes diesel?"). My car if a fuel burner and my tractors are gas jobs, go figure.

rebuild 44" deck on 1250 or find a better one?

inherited my dad's 1250 a couple of summers ago and after some welding, etc. have used it to keep the grass cut...bearings are noisy and there are more than a couple of rust through spots...none critical at present...question is?

better to go into the bearings and replace and do a bit more welding to this deck or just easier and cheaper to find a better deck???

Steve "B", said, "Extra width doesn't mean THAT much".
eek.gif
Good to know, now I don't have to open some of the spam emails I get.
angel.gif

Matt- Nice little car, have been trying to talk the wife into one, but Kraig said diesel truck, and around here that can only mean one thing.

IH-DT444.
buttrock.gif

17139.jpg

Tom,

I guess that's what I get for posting at midnight without using the "think like wise a$$" editing method
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Now how did that go???? It's not how deep you plow.........or was it......It's not how wide the furrow is but.........
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back