• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 23, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kraig, I'll give that fix a try. Looks to be a better plan than the cork gasket.

Charles, 25hp twin.

Art, there's two hyd cylinders underneath to steer. I'm waiting for the joints to mount the last one.

It'll have 3 hydraulic circuits. One for the cat "0" 3pt and two sets of remotes. If I put duals on it, it won't be to use them. That'd be waaaaay too much stress on the axles.

Here's a picture that Brad Lyons was trying to show us last night of his 169.
17157.jpg

Nice job Brad!

Oh man is that neat looking!! I cant wait to see that in person at a future plow day?. Good job Travis

Ive got a 8HP Magnum engine layin here with a hole in the block.

Can I take the bearing plate,flywheel, starter, stator ect. off the magnum and put it on my K181?
Im tired of having my battery dead or rebuilding the s/g a million times.

Travis-
Good call on the axles, I think 26" duals would make excellent way to make pretzels out of the axles
happy.gif

O.K.
I might get poofed. But I've had a full day and I'm gettin' punchy.

After Art's wonderful statement (delivered yesterday) about why we all like the forum (still got a tear in my eye), I'd like to add to the list of commonalities (beyond trains, old iron, wives that may want to kill, really big tractors, etc. etc.) that we all find interesting:
http://www.threestooges.com/sounds/

Since people are starting to talk about mowers I want to ask a question. I've been wanting to come up with an option to bag my grass for the last couple of years. I love my cubs but it makes such a big difference when you bag the grass. Last year I did the larger pulley and the gators on my 44" and it made a big improvement but it just didn't look as good when compared to when I used my Father's JD with the rear bagger.

I looked into buying an newer style deck and rear bagger and setting it up on my 149 but that was expensive and it would take some patience and work to get it right. My next thought was to buy a new tractor (the 1000 series)with a rear bagger just for mowing but I don't really want to maintian a newer unit.

Here's my next option, I'm thinking about a rear mounted TracVac. They have all the parts to fit on my 149. My question is, does anyone use a similar setup? If so how does it compare to the newer units with a rear bagger? I realize that it would be a little pricy to go the new route (about $1,345) but the way I look at it would be that this is a mowing only machine (I have others for other work) so once it was set up the way I like it will last me the rest of my life (I hope this will be another 40 years or so). All thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Scott M,

Bryan M is your best source for pulling a trac vac around. I remember him posting pics of his set up years ago but don't remember what the performance was.

Seemed a little cumbersome but maybe it would work for you.

I have a question, since we are tinkerers. Would you rather buy a Cub Cadet, say a 169, that was all there and redo it yourself. Or, for say 3 or 400 more buy one that was already completely redone. Just curious. Sometimes my project list seems a little daunting.

Tom Michalik! Who's that??
wink.gif
Good to see you're still around! Are ya gonna spin over to Prophetstown on the 17th for some muddin'?
happy.gif

Tom H.-"The better talk"????
confused.gif
Perhaps "the better HALF" would've fit better in there...
biggrin.gif

Glen-I'd rather part that bitch out and buy a diesel!<font size="+2">VRRROOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!</font>

<font size="-2">Note to self-DO NOT chop off 782D exhaust and then go buy a new one.....</font>

Hey Everybody! For those following my Loader-Mutt project, well, it's been set on the back burner for the last few weeks due to heavy workload, and in the last week, it's been a total remodeling of our only bathroom...

But today, I picked up the Carlisle toothed-belt drive for the hydraulic pump. I ordered the parts about two weeks ago, and hadn't gotten in to pick 'em up 'till today. I took a moment to lightly 'slap' the pieces on, just for a look, and everything's nice. Haven't shot pictures, but will do once I've finished the bathroom and unloaded all THOSE project pictures. Don't touch that dial!

Glen,

My purchase history seems to indicate that I like to pour $$$$$ into them AFTER I buy them......BUT, I don't buy rough stuff expecting to completely restore it (some things SHOULD be parted), instead I try to buy clean, straight tractors with mechanical issues or just wait for good deal on them.

Location has a lot to do with it.....I know for a fact that the market for stuff is higher priced up by you than it is down here......there are still quite a few "$100 in the back corner of the shed" type deals down here, assuming you can get into the back corner of the shed!!!!!

Glen E...Do the math. Will the repairs on the "other one" cost say over 3 or $400 to do?? If it's even close, get the re-done unit.

If the S.O.(Signifcant Other) pipes up, give them this saying I found inside a Chinese fortune cookie that holds SO true in life...."Cheap things are of no value, valuable things are not cheap"

Thinking out loud....if the brand X tractor owner needs to buy a new tractor to get more power, but the IH guy/gal can just increase what they have,(with out any damage to the machine) what does that say about brand x's design and thier ability to create and absorb extra power???.....think about it.

(read in Paul Harvey speak)and now page 2........

(Message edited by kupdike on March 25, 2004)

Back