• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 22, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
I saw this item while looking for a plow on epay. A person would look damn good in these!
Item #9301252784

Hell, I'd pay $10 to see Tom H. in those!

He probably already wears the ones with the Cat logo.
biggrin.gif

Jeffery Wright.

Thanks for the info, I forgot to say that I did replace the teaser spring, is used a 1/2" long brass bushing.
I did not however use the split lock washer because I was useing one in the old clutch set up and I belive it was causeing part of the slipping problem I was haveing. I burnt out the fibor clutch last fall plowing the garden and am hopeing to get the remainder of the garden plowed this spring without burning up the new aluminum disk. Time will tell.

James,
As of right now, I think there are 6 cub diesels coming to PD.

Lonny,
If you were using the split washer with a stock spring and stock disk, it probably was one of the contributing factors to your clutch going out. The split washers exert quite a bit of outward force on the pressure plates and the stock spring is pretty marginal anyway. For plowing and other yard/garden work, I would recomend that you use a fiber disk with a blue (color coded ISO die spring) and put a little more preload on the spring than normal. Also, the fiber disks are not much thicker than the lock washer is when flattened. So, the washer may have been bottomed out and holding the pressure plates apart. A split washer with the fiber disks really isn't benificial. It is just about a necessity with the aluminum disks.
Todd

Charlie.....10 Deer diesels at plow day??? That would be their best ever showing!! However to be fair I need to misqoute Cliff Neubauer "if it runs like a deer, stay out of my way"....

Ken,
yea it looks like the JD guys are coming around. We can only hope that the total numbers between green and yellow get closer together as time goes by.
That makes for a much better event!
beerchug.gif

I suppose We could paint a couple Cubbies yellow & green.....
lol.gif
They won't look good at ALL....
eww.gif

How similar are the 44" decks that were put on the 782 and earlier cubs? Pictures anyone??

A friend has given me a 12HP Kohler to replace the 7HP one on my original. I see that I'd have to cut off the welded nuts as the 12HP engine must be bolted up from the bottom. I'd also have to cut the lower panel of the tractor under the engine to clear the deep sump.
Would that weaken the tractor? Am I looking a creating more problem than the 12HP engine is worth?

M Fowler,
I would find a flat oil pan off a 10hp kholer, cut the oil dipper down to clear said oil pan, befor I went and cut up the frame of the tractor.

Chuck,

The center drive pulleys are different (1/2" vs. 5/8" belt), the front hanger locations are offset differently, and parts of the subframes are different....when compared to 44" decks for the xx8/9 and xx00/50 series.

BUT...they are easily convertable....my 782 wears a 44A deck that was once on a 1650.

Back