• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 20, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proessler

displayname
Paul W.Roessler
Norm, model#422437, type 4050 01,date code 90082312 for build date... 1990, 08/August,23/day @ plant #12. Go to Briggs & Stratton .com they list Owners & Parts Manual online.

Norm,

Model 422437
type 4050 01 90082312

42 = displacement (18hp)
2 = basic engine design series
4 = horizontal crank
3 = ball bearing, splash lube
7 = electric start with alternator

Produced 8/23/1990 in assembly plant #12

Your will need these numbers to get parts, etc.

I would try getting new breather valve assemblies for it, or check them out before I yanked the 18hp B&S......they actually run out pretty nice and make decent power.

Looks like we agree....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Great guys,

Thanks for the info! No problem with splash lube?

I'll get the new breather assy and then check cyl. compression to see where I'm at. You have to choke the crap out of it to get it to run so may need a carb kit. It also has a wire hanging out that you have to touch to ground to shut the engine off.

Steve,

You helped me out a few years ago with a wiring diagram showing a relay for my M18 conversion. Do you have anything on this per chance?

The 982 had a Briggs in it? I thought there were Onans in there???

Ah..I see. Well being a noob..that explains why I couldn't find the classifieds section. I guess a guy that's been dealing in tractors for years has to earn the right to do it in here. I get that. Sorry for breaking the rules.

Norm,

When you order the parts, order Service manual #271172 - Twin Cylinder "L" Head Repair Manual....should be about $20......has all you need!!!

Hey all - the K161 in my Original was changed over to a chain drive setup at some point so I'm missing the correct flywheel pulley. In addition, the front pulley looks a little odd. Guess I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what I need to get it back to original working order. Thanks

Rick.... hello & welcome.. lol Everyone makes mistakes right. I notice it says "columbas" I take it columbas , ohio ?? I'm in & around the cincinnati area..My email is soo messed up right now,somone decided to go and change my password, I was currious what you were wanting to do with it exactly

Tom H - hey don't feel like "The Lone Ranger", I guess I missed it to.

Dennis - yah, now that you mention the Eastwood stuff I sorta remember those discussions. I suppose it's another way to do it but a little to shinny as you say if I recall, to look very original.

Back