• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 20, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa there Kevin...this is a family friendly forum!
wink.gif

WD- No pics of the monster truck..was the first I have ever seen that is articulated.

So, does anybody live near Fond du lac, WI? I have a CH25 that would be great to get to the MN plowday. Of course, it will go in a gear drive...probably a red one this time.
happy.gif

Keith, Jeff, Bryan- Loader-Mutt is a 1000 frame, and had the ratchet welded on. Now, other'n the fact that I got it from Keith, and the fact that it was BLUE (over original yellow), it's otherwise 'normal'...

Both of my 149's have that ratchet bracket, and they're welded to the frame.

I asked that same question here when I got my first 149 last fall because my only other wideframe with H-lift was a QL and they don't have that bracket, so I didn't know what it was.

Must have been easier to just put them on every frame and then figure out what to do with each frame later.

Ratchet Brackets / Lift Lever Detents

They were BOTH WELDED and BOLTED on during the xx8/9 production run.......I "think" that the bolted on style was the later of the two, but there may not be any rhyme or reason to it.

My late 1974 129 had a bolt on unit that I removed when I installed the hyd. lift. The late 1973 109 that I used to make my 169 had a welded on bracket (pissed me off when I went to un-bolt it after the lift install, cut it off with a 4-1/2" grinder). The 129 had a PTO w/brake, the 109 without.

Anyway, BOTH types exist out there in Cub-land.

Deck Question????

Anybody save the 4" "speed up" center pulley part number for the 44/50 decks that I posted last year????

Steve B. does this look familiar?

Small drive pulley (44" and 50" decks) is as follows

IH 126393-C1 44A decks with serial number 81742 and above. (Small pulley)

all other decks (44, 50, 50A) list IH 59703-C3(some list C-2 as well) as correct. Including a note about 44" decks below serial # 81741. (large pulley)

NOTE: These numbers are only good for YELLOW tractors. The 5/8" belt on the 82 series requires a different pulley.

Been a lot of air conpressor talk lately. Got this from my GTO e-mail list.

A class action settlement has been reached for owners of certainair
compressors that purchased them before Jan 31, 2004. The settlementis based on the
horespower advertised not being "continuous running horsepower".

Compressors affected were manufactured by Campbell-Hausfeld andDeVilbiss.
This Includes Craftsman, Husky, and many other big brands.

You basically get a voucher for air tools and accessories if your compressor
is one of those listed.

FAQ:
http://www.aircompressorsettlement.com/faq.php3

Brands affected, listed from the front page of the website:

> quote:
> Campbell Hausfeld brands:
>
> CH Extreme
> Farmhand
> Husky (models beginning with FP, WL, HS, VS, VT)
> Husky Pro (models beginning with HS, VS, VT)
> IronForce
> Maxus
> Power Pro
>
> DeVilbiss Brands:
>
> 2X4
> Accuspray
> Air America
> American IMC
> Blue Point
> Charge Air Pro
> Companion
> Craftsman
> DAPC
> Delta
> Delta Shopmaster
> Delta Workshop
> DeVilbiss
> Ex-Cell
> Force Int'l
> Husky
> Impact Ingersoll-Rand
> Matco
> Porter-Cable
> Power Tools
> Pro 4000
> Pro Air
> Pro Air II
> Rand 4000
> Senco
> Snap-On
> Speedaire
> Steel Driver Series
> Superior Fastener
> Tradesman
> W R Brown
> Westward

I was thinking there was a auto/truck wheel that would bolt up to the cub...seem to remember it was a dodge for some reason, but can anybody help me out with that?

In addition, anybody know what the bolt pattern is off the top of their head?

Ryan,
I think the wheels are Dodge Intrepid, saw it on a Deere 110.

Ryan,
I think the wheels are Dodge Intrepid. I saw one at Mow Day 2002 on a Deere 110.

I don't believe folks are still falling for this...<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

xxxxxxx30 (3/22/2004 6:59:35 AM): Yahoo is closing the system down, because too many booters are taking up all the names, we only have 57 names left. If you would like to close your account, don't send this message, if you want to keep your account, send this message to everyone on your list. This is no joke, you'll be sorry you didn't send it. Thanks, Director of Yahoo. Tim Budliski WHOEVER DOSENT SEND THIS MESSAGE, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DEACTIVATED AND IT WILL COST $10.00 A MONTH TO USE IT! TO SEND 2 EVERYONE ON YOUR LIST, RIGHT CLICK ON YOUR GROUP, THEN CLICK SEND. THANKS FOR READING<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>The Yahoo ID has been changed to protect the clueless
wink.gif

Good info on the compressors,do you know if there is any way for us folk north of the border to collect.My craftsman 5 hp is the last oil-less compressor i will buy.It's too noisey!!!

I'm building a cub garage in about a month and a half.Is there anything that you guys would recommend doing,anything that you wish you would have done in your own workshop.
It's going to be 18x40,i man door,14x8 garage door 3 or 4 windows,oil furnace(maybe wood stove as well)some in floor heat around the workbenches.

found a 149 sittin in a guys field too,maybe have to go and talk to him!!

That is real Bryan! I can't believe that are only 57 names left...probably less now...I made sure to send it to all my groups, and I signed up for more groups and sent it to them just to make sure that my email won't cost me anything.

cubplow30

aka xxxxxxx30
happy.gif

BTW, Bill Gates & Disney send me money whenever I forward his email that Microsoft & AOL/Turner track...

Dave-
Three words describe what every person on this forum is thinking right now about their own garages...

<font size="+2">Make it bigger!</font>

happy.gif

Dave C. - My 32x40 is too small with shelving, 2 benches, toolchest, sandblaster, press, parts bender, vise, welders, torch, fridge & sofa.

I have a line of 4 tractors and my airlift along one side of shop, and a D17, and park 5 other cubs in the center...and still need to shimmy stuff around to get to things. Go wider than 18' if you can...Of course my 20ft wide door takes up a good portion of 1 wall.

I wish I had a bigger garage!! During the winter my cub is a portable shelf.
17064.jpg

Great photos and info on #411!!

William D., Congrats on finally getting an M&W 5 speed, and it came with Mike M's nicely refurbished chassis to boot! :eek:)

Ryan -

Ya wouldn't happen to have the Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookie recipe, too, would ya?
lol.gif

Kraig: Mike did an excellent job on it and there are extras that I got with it. It has 2 sets of IH wheeel weights, fluid filled ags, an original Brinly hitch(I wanted one of those), spring assist, 4 IH embossed hub caps, fenders, lights, tri rib front tires, an aluminum cowboy knob, diamond plate mule drive cover plus the correct one. Did I mention it has an M & W 9speed transmission?
your_image.gif

Dave C.

The first thing I would say is if possible change dimension to 25 x 40, because 18 foot doesn't leave much room to get around a car both front and rear.

Electric outlets every 6 feet around the interior. Any place you put a outlet make it a double, it doesn't cost much more and you will appreciate it down the road. I know 6 feet sounds like overkill but sooner or later you will put something in front of one of the outlets and now they are 12 feet apart.

Plan for your air compressor to be at the farthest point from where you will normally work and run 220 to it and plum air outlets to your work area and one air outlet with a pull down hose at the large entrance door so you can blow off your tractors when done mowing. I use the pull down air outlet at the door more than any other one.

Electric outlets ouside each door so you can do your grinding etc. outside.

Lots of ceiling lighting which can be switched on in different banks. Remember your roll up door may be up quite a bit so it will block any light above it so add extra lights on both sides.

Put some electric outlets in the ceiling for pull down electric cords in your work area, good for trouble lights and electric tools, beats extensions cords laying on the floor.

If your walk through door is on the same side as your roll up door I would add an extra walk through door on the opposite side. Two reasons, one it helps get air flow through the garage and for safety it allows a safety exit in case of fire especially if you are going to have a wood stove in the garage.

Run 220 to any place you may want to use your welder and if you think you may add airconditioning.

If you know where you are going to use your chop saw run a seperate electric run to it as they seem to draw high current and you don't want other equipment on the same plug.

My .02 cents.

Latest posts

Back