• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 20, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmasheris

displayname
Michael A.Masheris
Dang archive bug here is the pic
16996.jpg

Rich Patton,

If you want stronger copper joints then silver-solder (braze) them. I haven't done silver-soldering for years but that was always the method my ME mentor used. We did an in-floor hot water heating system that way long (like 25 years)before it became popular to have in-floor heating.

Jim E

Mike M:
Does Mr. DeTurck now own the CCO with the M&W he's been pining for since I've arrived upon the scene? If so, good for him. He's waited a long time. If not, I hope he takes good care of it for you while it's gone...

Keith

I need some help. I am helping a guy get his 1450 running better that he bought at an auction. I went to look at it today and decided he needs the carb rebuilt. It has a Walbro carb on it. It runs good at an idle and when you first speed it up. But after running a few minutes it starts to act like it is starving for fuel. It has good adjustment on the low idle screw but the high idle is a different story. It will start to bogg down when I turn it in but I can keep turning it out and nothing changes. That is why I think it needs a carb rebuilt and a good soaking. The next problem is, what size bolts are required to hold the engine to the mount bracket? It is missing both bolts on the one side. The parts book really doesn't specifically say and I don't feel like pulling one out of my 1650 to measure. The engine sure likes to dance with the bolts missing. Thanks in advance.

Wes H:
I think you'll find a 3/8"-16 x 1" long will do the trick. You may be able to use a 1 1/4" long one since you'll want a lock washer on there.
Keith

I need to find where I can purchase the bushing/drive that goes on the engine end of a 1450 hydro. It is the piece that the drive shaft sticks into. Looks like it is a bronze bushing that rotates in the flat piece that is the engine half of the rag connection. I am rebuilding one of my 1450's and this piece appears to be so worn out that it is probably not resuable.

Looked up above but could not find one. Probably because I don't know what to call this piece.

Here were some accessories that came with my 109.
The Hy-Tran can - still full and leak free after 30 years.
17004.jpg

Genuine chain bag. This goes on the wall.
17005.jpg

Frank M: It may be the same 741-3004 ball bushing which is used in the 800,1000,1200 drive line.
Myron B

Hey Guys,
I had a great time at Auburn today. Met alot of nice people. Paul Bell, Willie D., Hank Will III and many others. Tom H. sorry I missed you.
When I got back from Auburn I thought I would work on the 71 for a while. I'm haveing a little trouble getting it started. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?
confused.gif
roflol.gif

17009.jpg

Just got back from the IH Spring Round up in Auburn, it was good to see so many of you there. Paul B. Tom H. William D. Hank Will, Harold Stram, Kent S. Ryan M. and I am sure I am forgetting some. We had a great show and a great time. It was neat to see William's newest purchase his original with M&W 9 speed, and Harold's #411 proto type original, there were several differences on it from the production originals. Here are some pis.
17013.jpg

our vendor spot
17014.jpg

William's 9 speed original
17015.jpg

veiw of some of the Cub Cadets, Kent S. original at the front of the row.
17016.jpg

On Plow Days...
It seems that the planning that goes into a Plow Day is (has become??) a pretty good sized burden what with organizing 4-H food supplies and guesstimating attendance quantities, and door prizes and all the behind the scenes things I can't speak to since I haven't hosted one.

To the point, would it make it a LOT easier on folks to have what I'd call "Plow Day Lite" - basically consisting of:
* ground to be plowed
* people, tractors & plows to plow it &
* a porta potty.

Speaking solely for myself, I bring what I want to drink, can pack food and I stay in a motel for bed, shower, etc. I think it would make it a lot easier to have/host one of these events if it didn't carry with it what appears to be a pretty good sized work load. Hoping one day I'll have some ground with which I can host a PDay, I'll consider going the 'low road' because I think most of us go there to plow. The rest of what goes on is very nice, but certainly not a necessity from where I sit.

Thanks for listening. What do you guys think?

Kent,

It won't start because you took the S/G off
happy.gif
......Bummer on the "bay-window" block
sad.gif

For those of us who don't weld, Can a new Trunion Plate, Springs, Pins etc. be purchased from one of our Sponsors?

Well Amanda, Cyrus and I made a day of the Auburn show. We all had a great time, and it was nice to see some of the guys from the forum, and meet some new ones. Hank Will talked with Amanda & I for about an hour, then we talked with Willie D. & Paul Bell for awhile, and spoke with Harold Shram about his career at IH and designs of the Cub Cadets.

Keith, I agree...all the other stuff will happen if people want it too..

Kent- Ouch!...better drop a v-twin in that puppy!

Herbert,

Yes, any Cub Cadet dealer can get you the new plate....only problem is you will have to completely disassemble the hydro to install the new plate as it has the left hand side trunion shaft welded to it. Hydro work isn't necessarily difficult, but if you are not familiar with working on that type of stuff you might get in a little deep. There are a few "tricky" things about removing the trunion shafts from the swash plate that will absolutely REQUIRE a good service manual and careful attention to detail.

Replace ALL of the seals in the hdyro if you choose to do the work.....you don't want to have to do it all again because the LHS trunion shaft seal starts leaking!!!!

Back