• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 19, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff Belliveau one of my late grandpa's Cub Cadet 1450 does the same thing even with the relief valve buttons depressed but grandpas other 1450 doesn't I wondered if it has to do with the hours on the tractors, the one that moves easily has a lot less hours considering minimal wear on the tractor parts
1a_scratchhead.gif

Kraig, yep that's the part I was thinking about but couldn't remember the name of it. I'll get something figured out with it. Maybe its not a sears. The tag is still on it but its so faded and scratched it's hard to tell.thanks

Marty...I think I had 2 that came out pretty easy , the rest of them were rusty and didn't wanna move. Ive hit the with a wire wheel and sprayed with pb , then got em out. I might be cheap at times but, I'll put new pins back in . Lol I just cut off one side ,then clean it up and punch it out.

I forgot to ask you guys , does anyone use those split locling clamps instead of the roll pins behind the spring. And since the new clutch disc looks like there isn't a piece of metal in the middle should I still use all 3 of the anti rattle springs . Getting a list of things I need to order from the man in charge

Cutting off one side of the pin for a clean surface to drive back through the hole is a great technique...much better than mushrooming the head then trying to swage it back down into the hole for removal.

Also a good trick for cotter keys, snip the looped head off and then pull out the tails with a side cutters.

Those of us in the Northeast gas your cubs mount your QA blowers and hang on here we go with another nor’easter,fourth one in three weeks...crap

Digger, ok....thought that was Bluiner term knowledge for
Swingin press.
crash.gif

Back