• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 19, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 to 10" headed my way!
bash.gif

Weather guessers say 2" tonight and that will melt off by dinner time .I`am thinking we won`t see any more whit stuff this year.
drool.gif

Hey Guys, I've been noticeable absent and probably owe some penance but I'm hoping you all can help me. My son just came across some chains that were in this bag. Please note it does say "CADET" at the very bottom of the bag below the red International letters, it's just hard to see in the pic. I've never seen one of these bags before and wondered if it's rare, scare, or none exist out there? Let me know if you've seen this bag before.

222793.jpg

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die,
And they are always ready to chain up.

Question for the experts!
I am rebuilding an Original, just finished the rear end HOW MANY QUARTS OF HY-TRAN go into it to refill?

Thank you
Paul A

PAUL - Not sure about the '61/'63's but ALL other GD's take 3-1/2 quarts, 7 Pints. I think the manual section has an owners or service manual.

Hydro Harry,

That bag should contain a set of chains for an Original. IH packaged Cub Cadet tire chains in sacks just like the one you have. Even has the IH part number on it.

Was able to fix the hyd. lift on son-in-law's 1450 with new bolt & thick fender washers & sln.
Took his strg box apart today. Has beaucoup slop. The bearing retainers were non-existent and thecam follower stud is worn out, didn't have a lock nut on it and the part that is inside the strg box was twisted and gouged up. He wants a complete new strg box as he plans to keep this tractor a long time. Right thing to do?????

Thanks Dennis F,
It states 3 1/2 guarts for the "original" trans in my owners manual, can I use an 80-90 weight or a 85-140 weight? instead of Hy-tran the manual says straight 30 weight???
Paul

Back