• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 17, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glippert

displayname
Greg Lippert
Doug & Dave - Thanks for the reply on my hydro valves.
Doug - I guess it must have been in the FAQ where I saw it. Thanks for the reminder. Sometimes it sucks getting old!
Greg

Thanks David, I kind of figured they were. So everything that can be cast iron is now.

Steve B - so all I needed to do was adjust the brake tighter? All this time I thought the auto release valves let the brakes go even with the peddle all the way down. Boy, I wish I was an engineer.

I had some fun in my shop today ; Spent some time on the 125 and polished my HD some also. I think this seat will work on my 125 . comfy lol.

284574.jpg

I would love to know what bolts go in the fenders where they connect to the foot plates ? Seems old age and misplace info is rampant here !

Don: The 125's looking better all the time. Can't wait to see Dawn running it!
happy.gif

Don T - yup, both suffern' from same thing. The reason you can't remember what bolts go in the fenders to hold them to the foot rests - is because they ain't bolts. They should be short slot head screws as I recall. I'm certain since it's a 125 that ole Kraig will pipe in if I'm wrong.

Don, Hydro, the screws for the fender to foot rest connection are slotted "truss head" screws.

Not sure of the size (probably 1/4 - 20) but they look like these

Kraig - thanks for pointing out they are truss head slotted screws. Funny thing is maybe north of the border they do call'em bolts.

Slotted pan head machine screws, don if you want I will measure mine I tomorrow,

See Kirk engines (sponsor) above for bling bling shiny stainless foot tread screw sets.

Joel, pan head screws are taller profile than truss head screws.

Rick, those are for wide frames which require 4 per foot rest. The 125 only requires 2 per foot rest. They are quite nice though.
happy.gif

Foot rest (whatever you want to call them bolts) are 5/16" (take 1/2" wrench).

Personally, I hate both the Phillips headed and slotted foot rest screws and prefer allen headed versions, or even just plain old bolts.....MUCH easier to remove.

Tks for the correction kraig, I guess my point is there not called bolts north of the border. Appreciate the jab though Harry

Joel - I was in part just trying to see if you guys were thawing out up that way (but you're right about the other part, it was a jab
rofl.gif
)

We'll atleast I got a response, I post a question about my cub and it's nothing but
a---allalone.gif
, I would have used a snow man but there was none available. As far as thawing out, it's been a long winter with no end in site at this point,

The end's in sight, Joel. Thursday -- 1:14AM EDT -- Spring begins. Snow will melt and old CCs that have been left out all winter won't start and will be hauled out to the roadside with For Sale signs on them. Others will be just a flash of yellow and white but visible until the grass grows up around them again. Maple trees will give up some of their sap for the multi-million Maple Syrup business. I'd say I can almost smell Spring coming, but it's minus 7*F this morning and I don't want to freeze my nose this late in the game.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Joel, (and anyone else that has found themselves in the same position) if you post a question about your Cub and do not get a response, I would say it's probably because no one knows the answer or if someone does know the answer they probably missed your question. Keep in mind that many here only have a few minutes each day to look and quickly scan over the posts. They might even see a post they can answer but don't have the time right then to post a reply. Most days I have plenty of time to look and post, though lately it's been less and less time, but I don't always know the answer to a particular question. I think for the most part we have a very helpful AND knowledgeable bunch of forum members.
happy.gif
happy.gif

By Joel Goodine (Jgoodine) on Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 06:14 pm:

Anybody running a #1 tiller with a 7 hp kohler, like a 70 or an original? Just wondering how it works

happy.gif
We were all too busy watching the Flyin' Squirrel put the octane booster into the diesel tank.
happy.gif

...and I bet there's not many using a tiller on an Original or a 70 or a 71 or a 72 or a 73 though Steve Shaff recently posted about mounting a tiller to his 73 but I doubt he's had a chance to test it yet.
dunno.gif

Back