• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 17, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray, yeah that is yours... I have it in my archives that I got from Jonathon Luckey's CC identifiaction page. That pic was easier to "mount" the headlights to.

Kraig, I know what you mean about the honey do list. hehe

Hey,
If there are 1290 of us registered to the forum, why is there open space on the map and Plow days only eat up 40 acres?????

PSA,

You do not want the flu that's going around.......BTDT and puked on the T-shirt (all yesterday afternoon)

Art,

Don't you mean "reproduction" Plow Days???????
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

My 149 acts like a car in gear when I try to start it. Not all thje time and if left alone it fixes itself.
What is the problem?
Thanks, Herb

Steve B., how's Big Steve doing? Hope you're feeling better!

Herb, sounds like your hydro is out of adjustment, most likely due to a worn slot in the trunion arm. Does it also speed up (more than would seem normal) when going down hill and slow down when going up hill (more than would seem normal)?

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on March 17, 2004)

Kraig, I don't notice much of a speedup on a downhill. Why does it bleed off over time if it is a linkage problem?

Herb, while the FAQ refers to a model 1250 with regards to ordering a manual, you of course would want the manual for a 149. Just curious, does the hydro control lever return to the neutral position when you press the brake all the way down? If the 149 is running and you are moving, when you press the brake down does the Cub come to a complete stop?

Herb, I'm not saying I'm correct, just trying to diagnose, starting with the most likely cause, IMO anyway. And not knowing all the symptoms........ :eek:) The hydro linkage has a spring in it to prevent/minimize surging. It can have random behaviour depending on how worn the slot is.

Rev, nice find!!! Does that have an original dash decal? If so, how about a photo of it to compare to Kent's repro decal?

Kraig,
Thanks for the info, This kind of work is way over my head and I am trying to get a handle on it. You guys are a great resourse.
Herb

Kraig-

Here is the dash but it doesn't do much for comparison.

16897.jpg

Did you happen to notice that rare bolted on hood brace ! ? ! ?

Herb, from the top photo down, here's a worn slot, during repair and after repair. Again, I could be wrong and if I am I'm sure someone will correct me. :eek:)
16899.jpg

16900.jpg

16901.jpg

Kraig,
Yes the lever returns to the center and the Tractor stops.It does seem as though the brakes need adjusting however. The pedal travel is almost to the footrest.

Rev, thanks. No I didn't notice the bolted on brace but I now see the bolts. Umm, at the risk of posting a poofable query, how much do you suppose that rare piece raises the value? :eek:)

Herb, just to make sure I read your original post correctly: Sometimes when you attempt to start your 149 the starter tries to move the tractor? Yes?

Latest posts

Back