• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 17, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff, thanks. I have several 1x4/5/6/7 style cast grills on hand. My plan is to make one wide grill out of 2 (or 3) of them. I also have several spare hoods to make one wide hood out of. You are correct, I had planned on naming it a 125U, the "U" is for Utility, but now it'll have 1x8/9 series fenders on it so I refer to it as a Cub Cadet Utility.

I should point out that Wyatt deserves some credit for the concept, he gave me the idea for the front axle based on a Cub rear end.

When working next to fence rows, it wouldn't take much.

Also, when my wife rolled my original, the only thing damaged were the head lights.

Kraig
Like your gator type vehicle. I envy anyone who can sit down and draw up plans before he starts. I have never been able to draw and follow plans, I see it in my head and start building using what I have on hand, making the measurements and decisions as I go. I always say you have to build one to see what you did wrong. The second one always turns out better.

I have a 1200 that is going to be a two seater pickup someday. I hate having to get out the trailer and hook it up everytime I want to haul something.

Since I have started going to tractor shows I find they are quite lax on allowing you to drive a tractor or small vehicle from your motor home to the display areas, but they frown on two people riding on tractors so the two seater pickup should be handy.

When we first got our 2+2 the first thing we did was take the front work lights off. These were the lights outside the frame.

Jeff, Art, you seem to have forgotten about my 125 with the stock lights and the SML (Stalk Mounted Lights)
16888.jpg

Art, too much climbing the scaffolding and hammering nails took it's toll on my right elbow, it still has not healed. It was doing better, then I hurt it again operating the strong arm lift while clearing snow with the #2 125. Perhaps I should add a hydralic lift? Naw too expensive. I think I'll go for a spring assist. I see Rich P. had some listed in the classifieds.

Hey guys!

Wanted to let you know that our PD6 in IA made the pages of Farm Show Magazine, with a color photo no less. Quotes Travis, Red Power Magazine, and mentions ihcubcadet.com!

Quotes as 46.2 acres with 150 tractors.

Kraig-
I haven't forgotten about the SML, maybe "blocking them from my memory" would be a better description...
happy.gif

Richard, thanks. Don't envy me, if I had the shop all ready to work in and had the other projects out of the way I'd be trying to make the utility. I heat with wood and use a Cub Cadet and a trailer to haul it. It's not too bad when there isn't much snow but if we have a lot of snow it's hard to get the trailer to the wood pile and harder to get a loaded trailer pulled through the snow even with a path cleared with the snowthrower first. I think a 4x4 Cub Cadet utility would be perfect for the task.

Art, :eek:) Just remember, they were on the #2 125 when I got it.

Hey Jonathan... it's obvious that you're a devoted Cubber... When your wife rolled the original, was she okay? :-}

Regarding the size of limb required to rip the headlight off... I recently ripped both headlights off cheap off-brand using just one hand. I probably could've done the same with my foot... but that'd probably take the whole hood and grille, too. Don't think I could do that with a Cub...

KRAIG - I think Wyatt's been spending too much time looking at 4366's, 4586, 4786's, etc. Their final drives were reversed versions of a 2 WD IH tractor rearend. JONATHAN - Ever had a tree limb take out the HOOD on that 2+2? Pretty common problem for the first year of production. The hood latch would break & hood would slide forward.

Kraig,
No, it's not a NOS dash decal. But it sure looks like one huh?

Kent, OK then, what's the secret to getting that textured look? :eek:)

If what Art wrote is correct, Kent, how long before you'll be selling them in the classifieds? :eek:)

Jeff:
I'd notice my Cub anywhere: That's my 124 upon which you scanned the Original lights. When you come over to install the lights on the real machine, throw in the wiring, would ya?

Gov:
I've painted my grill Cadet White since that pic was taken. That way, you can't accuse it of having a Haloween paint scheme (the way you did once upon a time). BTW: still have the Commuter book. Haven't lost it. Will return soon.

Tedd:
Say it ain't so: selling Spot. Kind a like selling your soul. . . .

Kent:
Once again: a real sweet job on the Original. Would like to come over and see it someday. . .
Brinly single bottom that I got from you is still doin' a great job. I think I'll plow the garden again this spring.

16890.jpg

I remember so well.

It was the week of my spring break, we had just had the first original Plow Day (not a knock off) and my wife was helping me get the lawn roller through the fence. She had never been on a tractor before. (That was my BIG mistake!!!!). She popped the clutch. The tractor came back on her like a fly swatter and then rolled off her. When I finally thought it was safe for her to move, we went straight to the car to go to the hospital. I got in the car to leave and realized that the tractor was still on its side out in the yard. I told her "wait a minute", (My SECOND BIG mistake!!!!!!) I got out of the car and flipped the tractor back side up and drove it into the garage. I then told her that I did not want it stolen! (MY THIRD BIG mistake.) She ended up have bumps and bruises and had an imprint of the acord steering nut on her chest for three months. To this day she HATES everyone of them with a passion. Right, Ryan?

Ray,

Spot is safe for now. Not even a peep in responcce to the "For Sale" add. So the wife and I worked out a plan and Spot will most likely become a trailer queen. Toad's (aka Cody) 123 will take over mower/plow duty (once I rebuild/replace it's engine) and Stinky wil be the tow machine. Foxtrot will just be a side show attraction.
wink.gif

Well guys. I've searched all over the country and no one could make the matl. for the decal. So I came up with a way to modify what they did have.
I think it turned out good. Of course it's a big secret. If I told you I'd have to kill you.
wink.gif

Kraig maybe you can e-mail me.

Back