• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 16, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
I had a K341 that was also balanced by a very reputable pulling engine builder......it still shook the fillings out of my head and broke headlight filiments and hood hinges. Pulled like a late freight, but vibrated a lot at WOT.....smoother than when I got it, but no K241 either....

No good answer to smoothing out a big displacement single cylinder.......

Now I run Kohler Mag 18's and 20's.......smooth power......

HEY! Jeremiah C., good, no GREAT! to see your name come up! Miss you posting and hope all's been well for you.

Like Steve B. says, the best balance job won't change it much. It'll shake I'm sure. But I'm feeling that the original setup (balance gears) lasted some 40 years. So it stands to reason that if care is taken and ensure the journals and bearings are as new, then there really isn't any reason they can't go as long again.

But, it's a moot point also, it's still going to be a painful experience imho. Shakes the fillings loose and your hands and feet go numb. Really not worth owning I think now. I won't run it. So it's time to send it down the road.

Mike F get a memory foam seat cushion and anti shock gloves friends don’t let friends sell off 169s......oh and get a mouth guard like the football players wear LOL

My pseudo-169 went down the road when 782 dual hyd #2 showed up.....don't miss it, but it was a HOSS with a 12" plow behind it. I actually passed a buddy of mine plowing up hill at Travis's one year with it....169 with 12" ate a strong 1450 with 10" lunch!!!

Ethan.. um... NO!
err.gif

Charlie: I really enjoy the repartee between you and Ken. I got a good chuckle out of your last post. [I had to look "repartee" up in order to spell it, see below.]

Dennis F.: I checked out Dave Kirk's post, it was a keeper, I saved it, thank you for directing me to it.

Mike F.: Yes, it is good to be back, don't tell Charlie but I find the Forum more entertaining than my satellite TV service, and a whole lot cheaper!

Note: My dad's old Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary gives a definition of repartee as "a succession of clever retorts" (and we're not talking shot guns)
Shotgun.gif

Actually, "repartee" (pronounced "re-par-tay") describes this forum pretty well on some days.
smile.gif

Charlie: I left work on Friday, so I'm claiming OTF privileges even though it is Saturday now that I'm home.}}

Edit: I'm changing my Tag Line in honor of Mike F's experience operating a 169.

Jeremiah, hahahaha!

I take ol' one lunger's as they are. If I can get my carb situation figured out on the 782, she was fantastic for the little she ran right. I won't trade my 100 or 1200 for anything! But having hydraulic lift would be nice. Personal preference in many cases. Going to see what trouble I can bring home today!

I thought repartee was one of them French Parties!

Who knew?!?!
beer2.gif

I guess I'll need a new tagline in honor of JC!

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day to all you Irishmen out there in cub land

Oh man Mike talk about tempting,you’ve got my email shoot me an number worst I could say is no....although I did just have a 149 fall out of the sky at me LOL

Ran the valves on the diesel today.....they were all out by .003" or so, so it was good to get them adjusted.

319862.jpg

319863.jpg

Had an interesting and long day. No Cubs for me. The prices were three star systems too high today. Although I did work on an IH...... Bus. Oh well, maybe I'll just skip sales and have cub time next weekend.

Earl you’ve must have noticed that no matter what hobby your in to,every vender wants sky high three star system away prices.I don’t care if it’s flea markets,guns,antiques or cubs and the art of dickering is dying as well it seems,it’s like they won’t even entertain a price unless it’s whats on the tag,old stuff is very cool but we’re not talking monets or Ming vases here

Does anyone know how long those clutch presses are they sell on <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> ? I'm having trouble trying to save and post a picture on this new to me phone. I'm in the middle of making one. Not a bug deal just curious. Thanks in advance

Mike Frade, if ya go back and reread D.Kirks post on the vibration issue,the biggest offender is the wrist pin. Look at the inside diameter compared to a NOS part.Pictures were posted. I seen where as the posts moved along from us parts were weighed and compared. Couple this with a oversized piston adding to error. Wasn't it also said that Kohler designed the balance gears and crank counter weights for the 12hp 301's? I get it as everything that gets bigger in hp because of the bigger diameter piston was gonna get more Vibration.

Back