• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 13, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kide

displayname
Gerry Ide
Michael Smith - If wired correctly, with points and condenser connected to the (-) terminal, either the points or the condenser are shorted. Your getting the single spark when voltage is removed, creating the collapsing magnetic field that causes high voltage and a spark, just like usually happens when the points open..

Yeah, you're right - never assume the obvious..
beer2.gif

Ethan, all, be careful if you have to shovel much of that heavy wet stuff. Hope they can get the power restored promptly to all those without.

Charlie, I like how you call out ****** on downloading manuals from this site.

Seems to be deader since you came back...? or should that be more dead

I prefer dedder. Seems everyone is digging out in the Northeast right now. No time for cub questions/comments. I'm debating on when to take dad's blade off his 1450. Not liking the forecast right now

I actually thought about getting a tractor ready for mowing duty, but looked outside at 14+ inches of snow on the ground and thought better of it!!!!
biggrin.gif

Charlie, the snow around here is melting fast, but I don't see a need to rush into getting the Cub ready for mowing.

KENtucky, when I first saw your 'RIP" image I thought you were posting about Stephen Hawking passing away...

Kraig, that is sad to hear.
Charlie, just need regular service on my 1200 and it's set. Never took the deck off

Well, I don't post much. Through out the years, I've bought and sold IH cub cadet related items from this site's nice folk. I buy from Charlie once a year because that's always one thing I ask for at Christmas is a few parts, lol! I've been a faithful CCM subscriber over 5 years.

My model 72 with k241 will need the head sanded down, a new head gasket, the governor reset, and of course a good spring bath to rid of all the dirt and mud!!

I cannot wait to get back to doing things to my 1450, and having it all together and dolled up! I have been tinkering around with it for some time now! Would like to drive it around at a large tractor show sometime this year. A few more goals like a front bumper, suit case weights, and the 1450 will start to be ready for a my first ever plow day, hopefully!

I'd like to add another to the MORON list. I just won't say who, no one from this site. I was recently chewed out and given a big thumbs down for a comment I made. What a jerk this guy is. I simply commented on how funny I thought the name that was given to a Cub Cadet Corporation lawn tractor being a "Cub Cadet", when we all know that an IH Cub Cadet was a garden tractor, and the lawn tractors for IH were identified as "Cadets". Boy did this guy get bent over that.

To each their own.

Good day guys!

NO snow in Central IL, but chances for freezing rain etc. mean winter isn't over just yet.....I'm ready for nice weather, a plow day, planting corn/beans, and shed addition!!!

Hey Ethan, Yep.. we lost power again. Almost 3 days this time. I got trapped at work for 25 straight and then ran home to get a change of clothes. Tonight I'm here for the whole night I hope. We supposedly got 18 inches, but I can't verify that as the winds blew it all around and drifts etc. What a mess! Trees and power lines were down everywhere!

Mike F-sorry to hear that man I’ve been very lucky here I haven’t lost power yet,although I have my generator on standby at all times,you may want to invest in one soon,I put a metering stick out in my front yard set at four inches so I knew when to take my 1450 plow setup to manage the snow better and I went out four times over the day so that’s 16 inches but I think that’s the drift affect my official measurement was ten inches but asterisk on that is the slush layer on the bottom compressed a bit so I think I got more like a foot here on the rock in the middle of Narragansett bay

Recently bought cub cadet 169, the engine k341 is getting overhalled, engine was rebuilt before and balance gears were removed and left out, debating now if I should install them, you read pro and con about them on line. wondering what experience anyone has with them, thanks, Paul.

Paul leave them out it seems the benefits they have are shadowed by the potential consciences of having them.... there called grenade gears for a reason after all,oh and congrats on your 169 cool find

I'm now of the opinion that if the journals are sound and the bearings replaced, I'd leave them in. I'd also use / re-use only NOS OEM parts. Piston / rings / Conn rod / Wrist Pin. I re-did mine 12 : 18 months ago and removed the gears, and used 1 of Dave Kirks rebalance weights and off shore parts to save some bucks, Mistakes all. Now I've got a motor that'll shake the fillings out of your teeth. And I may re-do it all or scrap the whole project.

Mike F others question could Q/L engine mounting plates and or isomounts be used to correct the exaggerated vibrations caused by removing the balance gears on the 129/149/169 platforms or could you put a coil spring mounted seat to save your teeth LOL

Back