• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 12, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg, I probably take too many photos. No foul language was uttered.
happy.gif
First thought was something like "What am I going to pull it out with?" I would have used the big JD5210 but the overhead door in the pole barn was frozen shut.
bash.gif
Good thing I had driven my 2001 Isuzu Rodeo to the farm instead of the Toyota Corolla, I doubt the Corolla would have pulled it out.
roflol.gif

Doug, interesting to hear about the Predator engine, I assume it is the V-twin version he was referring to. I've considered getting one for a Cub related project I've had on the back burner for years. It's going to have to stay on the back burner for a while longer though as several other projects are ahead of it.
facepalm.gif

Thad -
I bought a Generac about 3 years ago and have no complaints. Admittedly, I've probably only got 25-30 hours on it total. I'm on a well and this generator will run the well and the rest of the house with the exception of the central AC.

324995.jpg

Now, to keep this on topic, here is my 109/129 (repowered with 12hp Kohler) on a greener, warmer day. The cub shares the shed with the generator.

324996.jpg

As some of you may know, the PN/ IH-106481-C1 922-3000 USE 722-3000 flex couplers are No Longer available from Cub Cadet, BUT! As of this afternoon, the problem has been solved for them as well as the IH-376257-R1 USE IH-376257-R3 which Cub Cadet hasn't been able to ship for the last 3 or 4 months! We've got them both covered now! ;-P I just got back from picking up 3- 375 count boxes of each this afternoon.

Under Edit!
( I have to update my post on the 722-3000's)---- Just got an email from Cub Cadet "I have heard back from the warehouse in regards to part 722-3000, the updated ETA is 3/18/19. The case number for our conversation was: 04370074.

Thank you,

Tyler
ref:_00DA0hHew._5002Gd1BsV:ref"""
324998.jpg

Charlie,

Wow, I hadn't heard that later style rag joints went NLA. Those are kind of regular maintenance items that need to be replaced periodically so it's hard to believe that the demand wouldn't be high enough to keep them out of the NLA category, especially when there are 3 or 4 used on each drive shaft.

Figures,
They tell one thing and lie through their teeth!
Just got this email, on the 722-3000's.

I have heard back from the warehouse in regards to part 722-3000, the updated ETA is 3/18/19. The case number for our conversation was: 04370074.

Thank you,

Tyler
ref:_00DA0hHew._5002Gd1BsV:ref

Anyone know if the drive shafts for the 982’s are hardened steel or anything crazy like that? Or can cold rolled steel be used if a new one needs to be made?

Mike, if you search the forum for: drive shaft cold rolled, you will get all sorts of hits. Most people that make their own used cold rolled steel.

Thanks Kraig. Will try search. I never have any luck normally with search- think it’s the lack of brain cells the user has!
explotar2jr.gif

Latest posts

Back