• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 11, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eford

displayname
Earl Ford
Mike I've not seen any, but that doesn't account for much. Judging by your skills, I think you could add it easily though!

Micheal M, I've asked same question on here also, and most all the responses seemed to lean toward the dual "stick/aux" hydraulics being introduced on the ql models,,,
beerchug.gif

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 124
First dual hyd was on the 1250/1450/1650 and was a factory only option.

Mike, look at Bubba's 149, I put QL style dual hyd on it when I had it.....I have pics I can post later.

313389.jpg

Just thinking about the green grass...

Attachments

• 313389.jpg
    313389.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 313389.jpg
    313389.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 115
Earl F. It appears snow is headed our way. Colo, Iowa Weather.

This is from four years ago. Any robins better be taking shelter for awhile.

313392.jpg

Attachments

• 313392.jpg
    313392.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 313392.jpg
    313392.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 115
Question for everyone,did international harvester ever make or consider making a front mounted front pto log splitter??? Another big snow storm on the horizon for those of us in New England going to be worse for those of use on the coast,woo hoo another chance to use the qa36

Ethan,

I bet Charlie has one!
lol.gif

There is one that mounts on the rear wheel.

Earl,

You can't mow with a dozer blade!
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 122
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 116
Mike,

313395.jpg

313396.jpg

313397.jpg

Dual hyd. on my old 149....

Attachments

• 313396.jpg
    313396.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 313397.jpg
    313397.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 313395.jpg
    313395.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 138
  • 313397.jpg
    313397.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 313396.jpg
    313396.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 313395.jpg
    313395.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 127
I have a few sketches on paper of and idea for a front mount pto log splitter I have to find a bunch of spare parts or a scrap splitter and fit a hydraulic pump some where on a frame of sorts plus firing up the welder ....maybe a summer project

Ethan,

If you are going to make one, it would probably be easier on the tractor if you mounted it on the rear.

The rear wheels and axle can handle more weight.

Marty-good point I've seen other manufacturers who's name I won't bring up lets say there initials are JD that have front mount splitters that's why I ask about them Steve-love that dual hydro set up on your 149 that open a lot of potential for uses

Jason W. Believe it or not that pin was centered. That little robin just sat there appreciating the beauty of a Kohler powered Cub Cadet.

Log splitter......

Just a thought here....by the time you rig something up for a Cub to power via PTO, it will likely be just as cheap to find a used one, or even buy a cheap new one. Replacement Harbor Freight engines can cheaply repower a used model with a bad motor.

Use the Cub to PULL it around, save the hours on your Kohler, and have a more usable rig overall.

NOW, if you just want a cool attachment......go for it, I'm all about that.......or custom dedicated splitting rig...again...go for it.

This comes up from time to time and usually ends up with the poster finding a decent used splitter or repowering one, etc.......

Steve-you nailed the purpose in that I was looking for a cool attachment and a fun project to occupy my time when I'm not,fishing,camping,gardening,working or hanging out by my grill this summer LOL

Steve-or I could find one of those harbor freight units and repower it with a cool Kohler 301 or something...that would be cool fusion of cub power and new equipment

Back