• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 08, 2004

• Thread starter roundy fendered cubs rule!
  • Start date
IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John,
I'll look for some before pics and post them sometime this week.
Tom & Other "Correct Police"
Keep checking, I want it to be correct without being too crazy. (Just wait until you see the dash decal...if it turns out)
Talk to ya later.

Tom-
JD know marketing? They cancelled their JD-sponsored Roush car when they could have had Curt Busch drive it . . . . they bailed. Oh yeah, they fired the guy that made that decision within a short amount of time after that . . . at least someone has an idea about marketing
happy.gif
You should go to a dealer show, you'd think it was some Hollywood production.

Seeing alll the progress photos I wish I had a welder and a sandblaster, my chemical dip setup is a little slooooooowwwww.

Kent,

The “O” is lookin good. Your creeper handle is packaged and ready to go out.

16607.jpg

Paul W.

Loaders are fun toys. They make changing hytran and easy job too.

16609.jpg

16608.jpg

16610.jpg

Jerry B. If your scanning or making copies of your manual, I would appreciate copies too.

FWIW-
Here's what I've got stripped for parts, yeah pretty pitiful how slow I am, but hey, I've spent $12 to get the paint off so far. MUCH less than blasting would have cost (unless I had my own bought & paid for already.
16612.jpg

Rob Dehli-
E-mail me when you can, I'm not sure if the email address in your profile works anymore.

The 102 with the 12 (122) Runs again... I got the 12 to run today. It was so easy getting it going. I drove it around the house and while I was inspecting the engine, I found that it has a blown head gasket... So, I will be getting a new one soon. No smoke, or any other BAD things from the 12. Now the lights on the 123 are not cooperating at all. I have them wired as the wiring diagram shows. But I do have one question.
16614.jpg

Jeff. It should go to one of the big ones on the solenoid, the same one that has the cable direct from the battery on it.

Kraig, Can you e-mail an address? Thease are photo copies but you should see the option list. Solid rubber tires with tapered roller bearings. Nice bearing upgrade, bad tire upgrade.

I changed hydro fluid on a cub the other day and while I was standing there with a 5 gal can in my hands and my back hurting I was wondering why I didn't use a small electric pump. Seems to me you could time the first one and from then on you would know how long to run the pump and save some spills.

Anybody ever do that? Any suggestions on type of pump?

does anyone have a picture or drawing of a creeper handle, how does it mount , I have a tractor with the gear and want to try and shift, It goes now but I don't know what gear it is in low or high . also how big of motor can a original handle , I am thinking of puting a ford motor out of a turfcat that has a bad trans 4 cyl water cooled , any place to see pictures of transplants in a cub?

this is the original I need handle for
16616.jpg

(Message edited by lsimpson on March 08, 2004)

Larry L.: creeper handles and you have to install them with 2 roll pins and I think you can't get it out with ouy takimg off the handle. Push forward on top of handle to go in to low range.
16618.jpg

16619.jpg

Larry, here are some photos of Cubs with transplanted engines:

16622.jpg

16623.jpg

Hey Tom H... Nice pix of Moline... you were right in my neighborhood... if I'd had a heads-up, I would'a met 'ya somewhere for a chat! DK :)

Hi Richard- I use an electric pump to withdraw oil from marine engines... marine engines have a special dipstick tube that extends all the way to the bottom of the pan, and the pump is fitted with a tube that slides over the dipstick to draw the oil out. There's no timing necessary- when you turn on the pump, it's pretty obvious that it's pulling oil, and very audible when it stops. The trick, for a Cub, would be getting the tube in the bottom of the reservoir... some carefully-bent 1/4" copper ought to be able to take care of that for you...

Kraig- Way cool! Name the engines in those pictures!

Dave K.
I would only be using the pump to refill the hydro as I like to pull the rear plate off and do a good cleaning of the insides and insure the breather is clear before I refill.

Dave K2, the only one I know for sure is that the red Cub has a Wakausha but I don't know the model of it. Somewhere I have a photo of a Cub Cadet with a VW engine in it, I'll see if I can find it.

Latest posts

Back