• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 06, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no rod in the engine. It is gone.

Now I see that it gets it's power from the solenoid instead of the V/R...
16547.gif
Did I ever mention that I am not an electrician.
16548.gif

Digger: I wuz scannin' engine parts listings in TC-157 as I posted. For instance, check out TC-157, Section E, page 5, item 47 'n 48. Besides, do we know if he's dealing with a Kohler, BS, Tecumseh, Onan, Kubota or even if it was an IH model. Go to CCC & later models & there are even more choices (Kawasaki air & water cooled, Linamar, with horizontals & verticals here 'n there, etc, etc. My crystal ball isn't working that good these days....:)-}>....
Myron B

Dave D.,
What you have is a Magnum Crank which takes a 3/16 wide woodruff key, the one I have on my bench measures about .850 long, I'll look up what number woodruff that corresponds to, or just measure one at the hardware store. Kenny

Dave D.,
Make sure you install the correct locating washer on the crank bolt. This is a precision washer that radially locates the drive cup concentric to the crank when using a Magnum Crankshaft on a Cub. It should have a nice fit to the Drive Cup hole and be pretty snug on the fine thread bolt. Kenny

I've made some head-way on the Original this week-end. Here's some pics.
buttrock.gif

16551.jpg

16552.jpg

16553.jpg

16554.jpg

16555.jpg

16556.jpg

16557.jpg

Kenny W.- Thanks for the info, I will head to the hardware store in the morn.

Myron B. - Thanks also, I wish I had more info to give on the crankshaft, I do know that is for a 12hp.

Anybody know if Jim Steele is still around? I've been away for a while and need to get recomemcted to him. Thanks

If you have a warped aluminum cylinder head that you need to use,You can straighten it. You will need a heavy piece of steel a little larger than the head. It should be smooth and at least 3/8 inch thick. Drill matching holes for all the head bolt holes.You will need bolts long enough to bolt the head to the plate. Put the head on the barbacue grill and heat it until you think it will melt. Being very carefull, quickly remove the head and bolt it to the steel plate.
Torque the bolts down and let the whole thing cool down. You should be able to finish leveling the head with a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface.
I have leveled V W bug heads (overhead valves)that were badly warped. ( 1/8 in or more)

Kent, the first thing I see is that that is NOT my shed that is in the picture. Very nice! I am not going to pick at it. Shame you are not hurting for space to keep it.

Kent S...My guess is that it will steer really hard without a tie rod between the front wheels.

You forgot to put the lift handle in when it was easier to get in.

BTW, alot of nice looking project tractors in the works here latly.

Kent:
Here's my guess - It doesn't have a V-twin, hydraulic lift and 26x12-12 Ags???

Just kidding - nice looking tractor!
Keith

Kent S.: You forgot to paint the oil cup on the air filter and are missing the instruction decal and the choke decal is missing off the carb.

Nice looking Original. Would you like to repaint TED? I can bring it along to Auburn, IN on the 20th of March. Are you coming to that IH show with any of your Cubs. Look me up if you do.

Kent;

What brand of paint/reducer etc. did you use, sure looks good!

Kent S. -

Beautiful!

One little nit and I'll shut up cuz I don't know what level of correctness you were going for.

You might want to get your hair dryer out and peel that <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> decal off the seat spring - Originals don't have those - that started with the 70/100.

Latest posts

Back