• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 06, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Travis you won a S/G bracket! You want to sell it? I hope this ton't get poofed.

Bryan-
I never knew that about the Originals not having a decal on the seat spring, but it looks like you're right...
16564.jpg

Guess that makes the Plow Special "incorrect" then, doesn't it?..
16565.jpg

Oh well, I kinda like it that way and since that's how I built the whole tractor, I think I'll leave it.

BTW...
Those 200K+ pictures sure does show some nice detail!
happy.gif

Wyatt-
Sorry to hear that you spent the weekend in the Hospital. Hope everything is OK...

Travis, Mike J, Dave K2, Tedd, Kent S., Jeff R., nice progress guys!!!!

Art -

I wouldn't say a thing about the PS seat spring decal cuz I knew what you were after - the bigger engine and PS decals made that pretty obvious
lol.gif

Squirrels in engine compartment

Ok, little off topic, but seeking some advice - squirrels got into my trucks engine compartment - chewed up the hoses and wiring on new truck....did the same to the neighbor - cant shoot them in the city here, concerned about putting rat poison in engine compartment - put a bag of dog poop there for now - ideas? moth balls?

They way they are going afraid once truck is fixed will be another meal for them.
Thanks, Jim

Jim, get yourself a rat trap (or two) and bait it with peanut butter and place it under the hood.

Jim, just curious are they red squirrels aka pine squirrels?

Jim-
Do you want to get rid of them, or discourage them?

If you want to get rid of them: (Bryan, stop reading now!)
1) Live traps to play the "catch and release" game, but that may be tough to make headway.

2) Live traps (sometimes called box-traps) followed by a "swim".

3) Pellet gun

4) Or...You could just "give in" and start feeding them in another part of the yard to draw their attention away from the truck...

Any forum members have info on the Danco loaders? My dad bought a 125 w/ loader in Florida a few weeks ago and is leaving tomorrow to go pick it up. He says it has a trip bucket. The only photo I have of the Danco is in a original brochure with a 147 on the cover featuring all of the implements available for the Cub Cadet that year. The Johnson is also pictured. Both have hydraulic buckets.
Ryan, 682 is running good. I guess the carb kit I installed last fall did the job. I cleaned the oil off the engine/head, and checked the head torque. Hopefully I don't have a bad head gasket. I also put my 122 back together and started it so both mowing machines are ready. Not a bad CC weekend

Kraig -

I've no problems with that - rodents aren't felines
wink.gif

Paul W., here's a Danco loader with a trip bucket mounted onto a 70/100. It's a model# RD-1000

16567.jpg

16568.jpg

Jerry B. has/had this Original with an RD-300.

16570.jpg

Here's a photo of a 100 with, I think, an RD-1000.
16571.jpg

FWIW, I'd stay away from Rat-Traps if they're big Grey Squirrels. We had one get into a rat trap once and then proceeded to climb up a tree with the trap. I won't go into detail, but it wasn't pretty and nothing deserves to be treated like that!

'Course, we may build those squirrels a bit bigger up here than in Illinois...

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

I think Rev snapped up this 100 with a Danco RD-1000.

16573.jpg

16574.jpg

16575.jpg

16576.jpg

16577.jpg

Rev, did you buy this, and if so do you still have it?

Paul W.
Tim DeLooza has a Danco as well, He just did get it up and runnin. From the looks of the load, I'd say it does real well.
16579.jpg

16580.jpg

Art, that's why I asked if they were the red squirrels. I've never had a problem with a gray but I hate the reds, they are extremely destructive!!!

Funny day to talk loaders. Just had mine out sunday to give first rides of the spring. Boys just love the thing!I think I must have the ugly loader award though. I do have the paperwork to go with it thanks to a doner out there. Can send loader manual if someone needs it.
Kraig, do you have it???
Bad part is that the trip handle got broke. Have to find someone with a tig welder setup. Boys are rough on stuff!

Jerry B., no I do not have the manual, but I sure would like to have a copy. :eek:)

Kraig, Digger, Thanks for the loader pix. I'm anxious for my Dad to get home with the loader. I'll have to start working on him so the 125 w/ loader end up at my house. Of course that means working on aquiring some cash as well.

Well talked to vet and animal control - got some ammonia soaked rags in open plastic bags in the engine compartment along with a bag of dog poop. Small containers of ammonia and sponges on each wheel - putting in a trouble light with a flasher tonight under the hood. Only other thing they suggested was loud music.

Thankfully the insurance is going to pick up the bill, they tore up all the hoses, vaccum lines, and electrical in the back center of the engine. Truck has less than 4000 miles on it.

Found out they got my neighbors Toyota pickup twice in one day. He fixed it and by the next morning they tore out the other side. Neighbor across the street had their daughter's car chewed up also.

Never had this problem before.
Jim

Back