• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 04, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob D,
Does it look like it's been leaking anywhere?
You can still get the O-ring kits for them if it has been.
26125.jpg

26126.jpg

Charlie ...looks good and sealed no leaks at all I will replace the hoses thanks for the info

Question about an Origional serial number - I recently purchased an Origional; it is the second Cub Cadet in my collection. The first is a 1970 Model 147. After verifying that the engine would run my next endeaveor was to find the serial number. Thanks to info in other posts here on the board I zeroed in on the right side of the gear housing. I scraped away the paint to the front and slightly above the oil level plug and found three stamped numbers arranged vertically. Reading from bottom to top it is 606, and from top to bottom it is 909. Can someone tell me for sure if this is the serial number, and, if so, which is it?

Coil kit

Can the average idiot do the points and coil kit which is advertised in some of the associated sponsors and in the fAQ's? I have a 782 with a 17 hp Koehler and can see what I think is most of the stuff. However when I had to have the starter replaced, I had to farm that job out to a guy who pulled the engine (something I can't do) to get at the necessary parts. Is the kit a quiet afternoon job, or a major time committment. I assume it is worth doing if for no other reason than to help save points.

Thanks.

26130.jpg
Here is the 169 of my buddies, we finally finished it yesterday. We are planning on bringing it to plow day.

Don't know why my description didn't post but that's my working 106, she got the best starting kohler I ever owned on her. Can't wait to get her out of the storage trailer and put her to work mowing again. I'm getting spring fever

Kevin L.-Actually,I mounted them. That is the correct way to run a non-driven ag tire. It doesn't look as cool but it is the way it's supposed to be. Good to see Brad having fun with it.

with brads photo of the 169 and the 782D, from what i have been told is that when you are running only rear wheel drive the front tires should be like the 782D, and when you have 4x4 they should be like the 169.Is this correct? nice job on the 169 brad...
thumbsup_old.gif

Charlie P.
That post hole digger is a sweet looking set up. I found the Danuser site, but saw nothing that looked like the unit in the picture. Also do you know what drives the digger, hydraulics, CC mounted hydraulic pump or rear pto?
bottom.gif

David in Dayton, TX

(Message edited by dmcnair on March 07, 2005)

<font color="ff0000"><font size="-2">Terry B. - I've been waiting to use that one, too!</font></font>

Chad B et al -

A "picture posting problem" subtopic is now open in The Sandbox.

Make a resolution to go over there...
lol.gif

Ah, a little geek humor. OK, more like a geek tragedy...

26157.jpg

26153.jpg

26154.jpg

26155.jpg

26156.jpg

This is just part of our collection. The 73 is ready to go back together but I just ain't got the time for it right now. The 122, 70, and 126 are all part of my dads collection all waiting their turn at restoration. Currently we are redoing his original and an old mccormick deering 15-30 farm tractor so these guys are just waiting their turn.

Does anyone know what two fonts are used in the "International Cub Cadet" cco decal are?

Thanks,

Jon

Latest posts

Back