• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 04, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a bad cubin experience last night. Was removing the snow in my driveway and on my neighbors side walks.... was just about to lift the snow blower when I heard "bang" and then a "crunch" the tractor stopped moving and I thought that I hit an ice chunk and sheared a pin in the blower again. but it was still running. I found out that I couldn't lift the blower or move the tractor. My neighbor came out and asked if I was having problems and said that he would help me push it back. After that I took off the access panel below the seat to find that my suspicions were right. The drive shaft broke free from the rubber couplings and the fan shattered; and dented and sliced open the hydro filter. Glad that winter is almost over with. I’m going to have to find some time this summer to go through the whole tractor and blower.

Well, no luck posting the pics and i am out of time for the night . I will try again tommorrow

I spotted a 982 for sale today with a three point hitch and a fifty inch deck. My experience goes no further than a 149. Is the 982 worth looking into?

Johnny... if you're joking, I'll laugh... but I assume you aren't kidding about that...JUMP ON IT!

Just letting u'all know I am still here. have not posted in a while, I have been luking .}}
Later
<font color="808080">{</font><font color="0000ff">:</font><font color="ff6000">-</font><font color="808080">{</font><font color="aa00aa">)
</font>

In Southeastern Virginia
With a Cub Cadet 104 & a Cub Cadet 1200

Did CC or one of the implement companies ever make a post hole digger that could run off a Narrow Frame tractor? I don't currently have a rear PTO on my 124, but if that's how they ran it I would find the parts and make it work. I would like some info if anyone has ever seen one, or made one.
David in Dayton, TX

Other than loss of power, any other symptoms of a blown head gasket on a 100? Bought the 100 after setting a year. Ran great before parked. Rebuilt carb, now can not get to run right. Is "hunting", up and down. Adjusting either idle or hi speed has no effect. At this point, could use all the help I can get!! TIA (I have manuals and have read them. No help there.
bash.gif

No Dave; not joking. I'll see if I can make a deal. Too bad it's not a diesel.

Lyle, after rebuilding the carb did you reset the govoner? many people forget this step but the carb does fits pretty sloppy with the 2 bolts so reseting the gov to the carb is required. other symptoms of a bad head gasket are oily buildup around the headgasket area. a chirp while cranking. if bad enough they won't start

I bet that you could get one for a really reasonable price too... Yeh right. What the hell was IH thinking????

Spent Friday evening and Saturday morning working on the Mag 18......had a real good run going until the USPS decided to take their sweet time with my rings, gaskets, and gov. gear, so I'm dead in the water until Monday night.

Anyway, I got it all tore down and found that it had eaten a little dirt at one time or another and smeared the rods. Plastigauge said that they were on the outside of the clearance limit and I didn't like the way they looked, so I made a run this AM for a pair of new rods.

26104.jpg

New ones are ready to go in...

26105.jpg

Cleaned up the right and left crankcase halves and staked the governor gear stub shaft with a small roll pin to prevent future problems.

26106.jpg

26107.jpg

26108.jpg

Cleaned up the jugs and gave them a light honing to restore the cross hatch (going back in with same pistons and new rings) then cleaned and lightly surfaced the heads.

26110.jpg

26111.jpg

26112.jpg

Still have to clean up all of the "extras" and get them ready for re-assembly. Manifold and carb off of the KT-17II will go on this motor (I want the Kohler carb instead of the non-adjustable Walbro).

26113.jpg

Finally, my super EPay deal showed up last week....NOS electric oil pressure gauge w/backlight....$12 shipped to my door.

26114.jpg

I have a 1/8" brass street tee for the senders, and plan on installing the idiot light and the gauge in the dash. Hour meter will get moved under the hood, attached to the fire wall right above where the coil is mounted on a KT, using a std. 2" gauge mounting bracket. I'm curious as to what the gauge will tell me at different opperating temps., RPM's, etc......besides, hours are not critical to engine performance, oil pressure is
happy.gif

Hey Guys,
Is there any difference in the shredders IH made, other than narrow vs. wideframe? I had a guy tell me there were two different kinds (tractor mounted)and I was not aware there were any other differences... And would a Haban 402E, Series K, Model number 204357 fit a narrow frame (123)? The picture on the website shows a wideframe and I didn't know if Haban's model numbers were specific to IH, or other manufacturers (ie; JD, Case etc).

THanks for your help. I'll check back this afternoon.

Charlie -
Looks like it's working fine - posting from my cell.

Just ran into a good deal yesterday. Local TSC had a cancelled order for two 16x6.5-8 Super Luggers laying on theor clearance table. Two brand new tires for $36.00. They will be going nicely on my 1450. I wish I could find deals like that on everything I buy. I'll have to watch these guys closer in the future.

pic didn't turn out like I hoped but this is a pic of a stock 122 frame I have thats got about a 1.5 inch crack in it at the left rear engine bolt hole.
26123.jpg

follows the rust streak in the yellow paint in the circle and goes just above the bolt hole

I found an old IH can of "tractor touch control fluid" anyone know what this stuff is?

Installing a narrow frame hyd lift on my cc 70 is there any recomended service to the pump that is required every so often besides checking the oil, and how much does it require thanks TIA

Latest posts

Back