• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 04, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Chris, yes and no. The 982 does have a longer frame and uses different blade and mower deck subframes and a different snow thrower/blower than the rest of the wide frames. But there are other x82 models that are different and those would be the lawn tractor x82s. The lawn tractor x82 models are the 182, 282 Hydro, 382 and 382 hydro. These are little guys and you'd notice the difference when you saw them. The gray area comes with the 482, 1282, 582 and 582 special. I believe the 482 and the 582 Special have the 4 speed Peerless gear drive transmission which most people agree is not as durable as the IH 3 speed transmission/ differential. Also they have a combination drive shaft/ belt drive rather then pure drive shaft driveline. The 1282 has the good IH hydro with drive shaft and the 582 has a drive shaft drive line and a good 3 speed tranny. Some x82 series Cub Cadets have the cast iron transmission/differential and some may have an aluminum transmission/differential. Perhaps some others here will add more info and/or correct anything I got wrong. :eek:)

Chris F,
For the most part, the 482,582,682,and 782 will take the same attachments as your 1641. Some of the later 1641s had a larger pulley on the pto
which would require some changes to put an older
mower or snowblower on it.

Kraig,

can you please post a picture of a Brinly spring assist for a 70 or 100???? Wasn't there an instruction sheet somewhere out there with factory pics???

Wow thanks Kraig- that's exactly the kind of information I was looking for. The auctions will soon start here in MD, so I want to know what I do and don't want before I go to poking around with a bidder number . . . . Thanks a million for the information.

Steve, is this the one you're looking for?

26086.jpg

:eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on March 04, 2005)

Kraig -

Those with experience will have to answer Jeff V over in Charlie's MTD emporium
wink.gif

I just moved his post.

Can someone post a list or chart of carb part numbers to corresponding K-series engines. I wound up with 3 carbs with different part #'s and know idea where they should go.

Can someone post the wiring diagram on a 282 hydro I'm helping a friend fix a rats nest in the wiring .need to know what does where TIA

David D,
CLICK HERE

Rob,
Damn I hate to say this but!!!!!
Check yer freakin email!
And besides, that MTD/CCC crap goes in the MTD section!

(Message edited by cproctor on March 04, 2005)

Has anyone ever seen a hydro lift pump mounted on a wide frame??

Tom,
Which side of the tractor do ya want to see it on!
yikes.gif

Or did you mean a true hydraulic lift like is on a NF?

Does anybody know any more about this attachment? Do you know how well it worked? I can't remember who posted this a couple months ago thanks Tyler

26094.jpg

Tyler-

You might give a try snooping around some of the other topics on this very forum for the info you seek ! ! !

Tom,

I'm working on it.......I'll get back to it just as soon as the Mag 18 that's all over my bench right now goes back together!!!!

That cannon is rediculus. Is he still around the site? I don't remember hearing his name around the site too much. That is ironic because I just built a golfball cannon yesterday. I tried it out and it sux. I am getting a bigger combustion chamber. Maybe I will try his design instead???

Finally finished my buddies 169 today, I will try to post a pic.

Latest posts

Back