• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 04, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Travis,

Two things,

Thanks! The post man came through.

Paint it black, all flat black, that way no one will see you coming.
wink.gif
Stealth like......

Dave "K",
Maybe Mike Masharis can chime in here. He's putting a set on his 982.

Tedd -

Naw, metallic lime green with curb feelers
lol.gif

Hi Guy's; Thanks for the replys. Are the blocks the same on the newer Kohler's so that an ACR could be fitted to my older engine? Where are they installed and how do they function? When did they start the ACR's? Thanks--Jerry

Travis- You contols are on the wrong end for a 7488..(2+2)...do you mean the 73/75/7788?

16480.jpg

Ryan,

Who is making that toy?????

Steve-

It is a C&D models kit that was customized with handrails, lights & decals...I think some work was done with the front end as well.

John W.: Went out and took off my clevis and scanned it then wrote some dimensions on it that I hope you can read. It is made with a 7/16 NFT square nut(Mcmaster only has course thread) which is 3/4" w x 3/8" t. The strap is formed out of 3/16" x 1" stock and formed in to a U and the slot(9/16" x 2 9/16" milled on both sides.
16482.jpg

16483.jpg

16484.jpg

If you find a NFT nut it shoild be easy to fab.

Bryan,

I remember that!! LMAO

Wyatt,
If your out there, here is a shot of the oil system in the series I and II. The series I is on the left. If your on an angle too long, the connecting rods will be starved for oil.

16486.jpg

Ryan, yip you're right. I was just looking at the front of a 7488. Since I'm using 82 series sheet metal, I almost have to go with red. Sure would look cool in yellow/white though.

Bryan, green is out of the question (although I'm using a 3 spool hyd valve out of a 140 H3)
lol.gif

16488.jpg

Art & anyone else that has done this,
How do I get the bearings and seals out of my original creeper? Do I just drive the shaft out from this end and the bearings will come out with it? Or do I pound with my BFH the other way?
confused.gif

16493.jpg

Kent-
I'm sitting here with my NOS manual for the "Danco Underdrive" as <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> called it. I'm looking at the exploded view and think I drove the top shaft out by hitting it where your finger is pointed. The thing is put together like some sort of cruel puzzle so you really have to think your way through it before you start beating on parts. Can somebody post an exploded view of an Original creeper for Kent? (My CD drive is toast) I know that will help you see how it comes apart.

I do remember the bottom bearings being impossible to move, so I took it to a local tranny shop to see what they thought about it. The guy put the entire thing in a parts scrubber which is basically a giant dishwasher that uses a super heated cleaning solvent. When it was done, he took it out with a big set of tongs, set it on the workbench and grabbed a big hammer and a brass drift. I said, "I don't think so!..." he popped his gum at me and said, "Dude, I tore apart a $5K Porsche tranny last week, I think I know what I'm doing!" One big smack and all the parts came out like they went in!

Hey Art-

That 'superheated dishwasher'... was likely either a hot-bath of etchant/degreaser stuff, or it was just hot oil.

I posted the hot-oil method on one of the forums a while back... essentially you heat some 30wt motor oil to about 350 degrees, and drop the housing in... the housing will warm and expand faster than forgings and bearing races, and they'll usually drop right out... if not, a light tap on the case will cause 'em to break free. I use this technique on pulling bearing races out of MerCruiser outdrives.

Just... uh... be careful with that hot oil, ONLY use NEW OIL, and DON'T go above 400F- rapidly approaching flashpoint.

Okay Art. I got it figured out. Thanks! I already have a copy of the manual. The creeper is in. All I have to do is paint the clutch/drive shaft assy.
Thanks again!

Doug H,
The "G Rated" version would be "Read The Factory Manual", which is the version I use in an adult education class I teach.
Another abbreviation commonly used here could also have a "G Rated" version of "Big Forceful Hammer". Or not. Depends on who's asking.

Travis, No this wasn't your late night buddies that has the cc100. Not that far North either!
happy.gif
This guy bought it new as a kid and has not used it much since getting married and moving to a house in town years ago. It's just taking up room in his garden shed. This tractor has 3 pt., rear PTO, front blade & 38 deck I believe. It also comes with a Brinly cultivator. I didn't get to see all the stuff as it's buried in this little building. I decided I have enough projects for now.

Hey, You'll have an interesting tractor there in that 4WD! Did you see this one at RPR#13?
16499.jpg

UTSL....
LMAO!!! That is too funny....

Here is a comparison of the "super steer" axle to a regular 82 series axle. The one with the blue coffee can is the super steer axle.
16504.jpg

16505.jpg

John, it should be pretty fun. Still gotta get a power plant. YOU are the reason I want a V-twin. One of the plow day videos has one of your tractors nearing the end of the furrow. It sounds WAAAAAAY cool.

I actually sat on it yesterday and two other guys pushed me around the shop. I wouldn't let them snap any pics though
lol.gif

Back