• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 04, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dave..

i more or less bag it when it gets that cold, since the hydro gums up the works.. earlier this winter i just waited a few days to get the 149 started when it got up to around 0 degf... has to use the 'cordless' snow removal implement.......

Fred S. I bought a pair of lights from J.C. Whitney Co. They are 35 watt each, trapazodial sealed beam in a rubber housing with an adjustable stud mounting. Get on Whitney’s web site and click on lighting; spotlights & flashlights; tractor/utility lights, and the rubber housed lights will be listed and illustrated. I mounted mine on a piece of angle iron that spans across the engine heat shield and sticks out beyond the hood. They are $14.99 ea. plus shipping. Have fun! ...Ed

Just don't mount the rubber housing lights to close to the exhaust. Here's a photo of a 125 that I parted out a couple of years ago, the previous owner had mounted the one on the right side a bit too close to the exhaust. Can you say "oops!" :eek:)

16445.jpg

Been away for awhile...will there be a show in Bloomsburg, PA this year?

Dean

Hey Scott!

Well, I haven't had troubles getting my hydro being too thick to start, but I did find that my K241 'service replacement' needed the choke-plate relief-hole mod... it had small relief holes, and seemed to flood really easy... so much that I thought there was something 'wrong' with the engine... one day I found that it started better with just a wee-bit of choke... so I readjusted the cable so that full-choke is only a partial-turn of the blade. THEN I found Kohler's technical service note about drilling out the plate.

Haven't found my transaxle to get very thick in cold, but then again, when it's below 30F, I keep the Cub inside the garage. It's not heated, but at least it's not hip-deep in snow. My K241's probably down on compression, which helps a bit... I'm not even running multi-vis in the engine! :)

DK :)

Travis, yes I did! The frame, pedistal, and fenders went to save a 105 in Siren, Wisconsin that a very large white pine tree fell on during a tornado. I still have the hydro rear end that I hope to use in a custom application and the K301 has, I think, a broken rod. I hope the block is undamaged but I have not had the time to tear it down to find out. I also kept the lovely slant grill and hood. BTW, I did not use a torch to take the 125 apart. :eek:)

The frame as shown in the photo went to save the 105. I kept the front axle and tires too.
16447.jpg

Speaking of my website, it will be moving soon. I have started (finally) my business website. Just bought a mobile computer lab to to training and to buy cub stuff. Will let you know when it moves.

Jonathan

Dean R.:The 15th annual RPRU will be in Mt. Pleasant, IA June 24, 25, & 26 sponsored by Iowa Chapter #5 held at the Midwest Old Threshers on Highway 34. The show chairman is Jim Nielsen- 515-999-9072; [email protected]

(Message edited by wdeturck on March 05, 2004)

Hey Folks,

I have a heck of a time keeping up with one forum much less two. But, I can see that my stealth mission to Auburn isn't a stealth mission *laugh*. I would enjoy meeting as many of you all as I can while I am there. Harold is a really great guy... and I have no doubt that you will enjoy him too. Possibly we can get a cool Cub Cadet Group photo or something.

For one reason or another, I have never gotten myself over here to offer FREE postcards. I know a few of you have signed up for them. They still have a logo on them and they still have my crazy and now arthritic dog Charlie on them, but they have some cool Cub Cadet shots on them too. If anyone would like one send me an email with your mailing address. There is no catch or anything...I just like making them and sending them out.
my email is [email protected]

Brian, I hope that paragraph was appropriate here...if not I bow my head and willingly take my edits.

Also, please consider sending me high res pictures of any Cub Cadet stuff that you think is cool to include in my columns in Red Power Mag. and Cadet Connection. Little anecdotes are welcomed too.

Thanks and i look forward to meeting a bunch of you at Auburn.

Hank

Hi Guys, I may be adding to my cub cadet collection later today...
The guy thinks it's worth a mint!
happy.gif

We'll see what it looks like, he thinks it's valuable because it's over 25 years old!
ROFL.gif

I may take some photos and post here.

Speakng of RPR...I got this at one of them.
16450.jpg

Also remember plowing that straw?
happy.gif

16451.jpg

John L, what is that on the front of the 123? It looks like a bumper attached to the blade carriage...

Hi all. I am new to the forum, but have been reading for a long time. I have learned alot and look forward to learning more.I have to agree with all of you about the manuals. They are a great investment, NO DOUBT.
This brings me to my first question. I just bought a 129, and have not received my manual yet. The tractor runs great, but when I was putting a new battery in it, I noticed that the voltage reg. was not connected. Will this hurt anything? Also, how can I check to see if it is working properly? Thanks for your help.

John was telling me the 123 front "plow helper" wasn't intended for that but turned out to work well for that purpose. From what I saw it sure helped to make sure the tranny didn't drag on the furrow wall and cause problems(for the furrow or the tractor).

Question-Did Carlisle absorb the Titan name? I ordered a set of Tru-Powers for the diesel and they look just like the Titans but say "Carlisle" on them.

Back