• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 03, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
Ethan,

You did not break it. Everyone cannot post because they cannot get any cub time.
It is either snowing or raining like crazy!
lol.gif

What do you guys run for oil in your creeper gear box? I figured it was hytran but it sure smells and feels like gear oil that came out of it. I use to have a book. that a whole other story! Thanks Jim

What about the newer aluminum creepers? I pulled one off a parted 1806 about a month ago that was packed with grease. It also does not have a side fluid level plug. It more or less has the same internals as the cast creepers though.

Thanks guys. I will go with what the manual says. I got to get some of those purchased again.

You can put Hy-Tran in it, but my experience is that they puke out Hy-Tran from the breather. I have had better luck with 85-140 in mine......probably can't hurt it either way.

Oil.....some is better than none......

Steve,

You're not supposed to fill it to the top.
joker.gif

That has me curious as to why the Hytran would puke out the breather.
Do you know the reason?
When I was a teenager, I mowed with an old Snapper riding mower. This mower would puke oil out of the exhaust when it got hot.

Hoping to get back to working on the 100 in a couple weeks!
Providing there are no more catastrophes, and we have some dry weather.
happy.gif

Me and a couple of buddies put this display together at the Florida Flywheeler show. We had one of every IH built Cub Cadet garden tractor.

324921.jpg

Ray- wow great picture,you and your buddies put on a great display

Ray, any chance you could email me some high resolution versions of that photo and perhaps any others you have of that line up? Please and thank you.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Ray that is impressive! Not only do you have a representative of each model, they look to be in restored or very good condition.

It was even more impressive in person. They had a very nice sign attached to a stake by the left front tire that listed the owner, model, year and cost when new at each cub

Latest posts

Back