• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 02, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul
the sponsors at the top o' the page have dual wheel adapters...

Charlie,

You said you modified some gator high lift blades to throw the grass. Did you modify the blades or did you just install them on the deck? I believe I have high lift blades on my deck now so getting a bagger may be what I need power flow or not.

Chuck, seeing that Gator blades are not available for the 42" deck Charlie has on that 100 I bet Charlie's mod was to shorten a set of blades so they fit that deck.

Tim K,
I think Kraig is onto it with part #11. Assuming your pic is looking down from the top, it looks to me that it is on your shaft backwards (wrong side first). What if you turned it boss end for flat end and pinned it in the now empty hole to it's left?

Do you see the long arm of that part is pointing away from the brake actuating rod? In the parts drawings, it points towards the actuating arms. I just tried that on a mockup I made here at work from a twist tie, a round tube, and a pen, and it seems to put things in the right geometry...yes I'm real strange to the folks here. Most places actually.

Wish I were more computer savvy and could repost your color glossy photograph with some circles and arrows and such.

Good luck

Kraig, Charlie - I just took an old set of blades for my 38" deck on the 72 and welded little wings on the back of the kickup for use with My vacuum unit. Makes a BIG difference in how fast & far it throws leaves & clippings.
And did Steve Buy a POWERSTROKE???? ;-) Inquiring MINDS want to know!

Kraig,
NO I have not, LOL
I can't believe that thing. I even went out when it hit 20 below and it fired right up!!!!!!

Chuck,
Kraig is right, i just shortened & balanced a set of gators to fit the deck.
I do have a powerflo setup for a Braodmore that I was gonna adapt to a Cub until I got the Peco. I'll dig it out and see what it might take to do.

Denny, no! but Steve bought that trailer when he had the Ranger pickup he now has a F150, see his Jan 28th and Jan 29th posts in the "Truckin' and Trailerin' our Cub Cadets" section. He made a comment across the street about a larger trailer.

Charlie, what brand battery is in that 123?

Jim K., is there a paragraph on the back of those photos?
happy.gif

KRAIG - I remember well when Steve traded the Ranger for the F-150. I think He's close to needing FOUR full sized doors now however. And a tandem trailer too. I was looking at trailers this weekend. One the size of Steve's would do almost everything I need, but I'd like one about 20 ft long rated 12,000# so I could haul a couple Cubbies AND My Farmall. Then I'd need a bigger truck.... Probably a Dually....then a Gooseneck trailer.... Next thing You know I'd have a Binder like Jim Chabots! pulling a 45 ft flatbed!

Denny, I guess I should have written that he traded his F-150 for newer F-150 complete with 4 doors.

SEE

I have purchased a Cub 70 with a 12 Hp Kohler Engine. I guess that makes it a Cub 120. Have any of you guys made this modification? I can part this rig out and make a few bucks but I am not big on tearing up Cubs. I would prefer to get this one running. Are there any particular problems with this arrangement?
Thanks, Herb

Hi all! This is my first post after a few years lurking, so go easy on me.(great site by the way)

I'm hoping someone on here can remember this.

I have seen separate or auxiliary hydraulic fittings put out front on a 149 to run "other accessories"

I am very interested in seeing a detailed setup or drawing of how this is done. And where the auxiliary control lever is mounted.

Has anyone on here done this? And documented it? I would love to see how its done. Can you run this off the existing 149 hydro unit?

I wanted to kick it up a notch on my beloved 149.

If you would like to email me its [email protected]

I would be greatful for any info on this subject

Hell I'll even post pictures of my so to be 321a rebuild!

Thanks Pete

Kraig,
There may just be. Good catch. I couldn't remember the next line.

Digger,
Would you be wanting to sell the property near Nixa? I'm getting waaay ahead of myself though. There's a prospective employer right near there and I might just have to go drop off my resume.

Tedd,

Paranioa has set in, it's a conspiracy I tellya! hehehe

(Message edited by cproctor on March 07, 2006)

Need help setting up sleeve hitch. I bought a Brinly sleeve hitch for my 126, but it's the Y shaped version without the stabilizer bolts. The tube is mounted at a slight angle. First off, do I have it mounted right side up? When the hitch is horizontal, the top of the tube is further back than the bottom. With this mounting, the Brinly tag is right side up. I'm trying to set up a CC-500 cultivator. So far I can't seem to get it level front-to-back, it swings from side to side badly, and by the time I take up all the slack in the attachment points, I barely lift it off the ground. Is there any hope of getting it set up correctly with this sleeve hitch?

Thanks,
Jerry

Jerry M,
Here's the right way to mount it.
34247.jpg

I don't think your gloing to stop the flopping around part with this hitch.

Tedd,
Maybe it's 'cause the "crossing guard" isn't around.
dunno.gif

(Message edited by thoffman on March 07, 2006)

Denny,

Yup, '97 F-150 4.6L SuperCab 126K miles went away, and 14K mile '04 F-150 SuperCrew with the 24V 5.4L took it's place!!!! MUCH nicer truck!!!!! ......and it gets same or better gas mileage than the 4.6L with 80 more ponies and 80 lb-ft more torque (variable valve timing is the nuts!!!).

Steve B
What kind of gas mileage due you get with a 150 supercrew? I have been considering that instead of the Colorado.

Greetings from Texas. I'm back with another rookie question. Don't cringe, you haven't
heard it yet! Anyway, can you change the gear
ratio of the hydrostatic transaxle from a 149 or
other CCs? See, it wasn't that stupid. Was it?

Thanks
Cotton

Back