• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 29, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhomrighausen

displayname
Marlin Homrighausen
Jeff. what a cute snuggle pic of Timmy and Mittens, and Kraig, Selah looks so comfy all snugled in.

I put the videos of the kids on YouTube, so they are safe and we dont lose them. if you wanna see them they are at www.youtube.com/user/littleotteratplay

Cathy

Since I can post pics again, here's one of Sparky (reformed feral cat) hanging out in his favorite spot. He doesn't look too wild now!

288052.jpg

Marty, Sparky is a good looking fellow. He looks mighty happy to me. No doubt his life know is grand compared to being a feral.

Yesterday I was going on about how good Annie has been with Tootsie..no fights or complaints and then this morning at about 4am we had a big todo. her and Fancy, and I am thinking Fancy was behind the issue, had Toots penned in the litter pan..urrr, growl.! hoping this little incident passes. I had Annie on the " bully" remedy for her issues and once the two week period of her taking it, she really mellowed out. Thos spirit essences do work. I had her on peacekeeper awhile back and that didnt do anything. I guess because she was a bully. lol

Cath

Cathleen,

Yes, cats will fight occasionally. The two outside cats (in their condo) have a round every now and then. For some reason, the full moon is the most popular time to fight. Even if it's cloudy, they will get into it.
We have also found that if we keep their claws trimmed back, they do not want to fight much. We try to trim their claws at least every four weeks, and this and it makes a BIG difference.
They are not allowed to run loose because some of the neighbors do not like cats. If they could run loose, we would have to let their claws grow so they could defend themselves from predators.
They are safe happy cats though. Their condo is 8 feet wide, 8 feet long, and 4 to 5 ft. off the ground with a roof for plenty of shade.

Hi Marty, yes, I know kitties with disagree. Its all a part of the dynamics of who they are. It was that Annie got really mean there for awhile and was constantly dogging Tootsie and that ticked me off, big time. I dont tolerate bully kitties.There are those times when Tootsie moves, that I know Annie just wants to play, but due to past mindsets, she doesnt trust Annie. But now, since I used the bully remedy for a few weeks and Annie hasn't had any for about 6 weeks now, it really calmed her down. Just last night Tootsie walked into the living, stopped and looked right at Annie and annie stayed calm and was like, oh its just tootsie, and didnt have any concerns with her. As far as trimming nails...ahhh, not the girls. I can't do them. The only one I can do is Fancy. Annie won't even let me brush her. Maybe since she is calming down, I'll give it a try. Tootsie is the calmest of kittys and is always in a happy happy mood, so I'll try it. If I can get them to let me brush them, hopefully the nail issue would become a success too. One can hope so anyways.

So how are the boys outside. Haven't seen any pics of them in eons. Seems the last ones where when you grew them some grass?

Oh speaking of grass, both Hannah and tootsie loved their oasts, but then Tootsie started to throw up and Hannah got diareaha really bad, so I had to stop the greens. They did fine for months, then suddenly, not so much. I tried limiting them to how much they munched on, but it just didnt help.

Oh, I've talked about using the strong A sound with Annie when she is being naughty, and that works so beautifully. I was watching a show on Animal planet called tiny terrors, and a lady who comes into the home and helps those who have tiny dogs that are little monsters and she uses the A sound too. It was so interesting to see how it worked immediately with the tiny terrors. It stopped them in the midst of the naughty behavior. Was kind of cool to have someone validate it.

Saturday Fancy went on a longer road trip with us. I had to get groceries and stop at the pharmancy and we decided to take Fancy. It is about 6 miles into town. Anyways, when we got into Nevada, his eyes got all a dancing and he was really enjoying new sights.! it was so cute. We took him by where he was born and where we use to live and you know, he seemd to know it..honest.! When we pulled into the grocery store lot, he looked up and around, like wait, this isn't Caseys.! lol. I guess he loved watching the people come and go while I made a quick run thru the store. It only takes me about 10 minutes to get done. I dislike grocery shopping, and so I dont waste time meandering the aisles. If you are in my way...toot..toot ...MOVE. lol anways, Fancy had a blast helping with errands..and you know no mater what he is doing, he is always helping..haha

cath

Cathleen,

My camera quit working properly. (Don't buy a Kodak) My computer became so slow it was driving me crazy, and my printer quit working.
After buying a new camera, computer, and printer/scanner, I could not figure out how to resize the pics without them being tiny. So the guys on this site helped me out with that.
I haven't taken any pics of the boys lately, but will try to get some soon.
We just got finished clipping all three of them. Sparky still hates it, but we just wrap him up tightly in a bath towel and hang on while the wife does the clipping!!!
yikes.gif

marty, I heard that kitties and small dogs like to be swadled. interesting..!! lol. I guess I could try that. I think our little teen, Annie, well, thinking that will just tick her off. I use to swadle Tootsie when I had to give her baths some years back. am pondering. it will be nice to see new pics of your kids.! (smiles) also, sounds like you are set now with all new electronics. NICE!!!!

Cath

As Promised...
My friend Jake..
288212.jpg

More Jake (all 18 pounds)
288213.jpg

Jake is very difficult to photograph -
1: He's a ham, he wants in on the action..
2: The camera has a hard time focusing on him as his edges are "fuzzy",
288214.jpg

Ryan (RIP) Ryan was beautiful - she went very suddenly - John and Suzy took her
into the MSU clinic in the middle
of the night - they couldn't save
her, apparently her heart.
288215.jpg

Gerry, beautiful kids for sure. One can sure tell the siamese in Jakes lineage. Is is a special breed? So, he's just not fluffy big, but really Big, like our black boy Fancy..weighing in smaller then Jake by a few pounds. Ryan( RIP) was a beautiful guy.

Cathleen

I was looking for the pic and post with Lucy by Gerry and couldnt, not on the kitty board, and found the pic of Lucy,on the random photo thread..lol. I thought for abit I had lost my mind. So, Gerry, how does kitty alzheirmer affect her?

Cathleen

Marty, Louie and Lester as such sweet boys. Looks like they are enjoying themselves..!!

Cath

Back