• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 26, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhomrighausen

displayname
Marlin Homrighausen
Good morning, All. I've a quick question for those that have easy access to a K241 in one of their narrow or wide frame Cub Cadets. Would someone please measure the height of the engine when mounted to the frame from the top of the frame. I'm working on a project where space will be limited. I don't need the oil drain plug included. TIA and everyone have a wonderful day. I'm off to work.
happy.gif

On a happy note. Angel and I are helping two local boys start their own lawn mowing service. Part of the agreement is they mow our lawn for us since they are using the 125. I came home yesterday all tired out and it was great to see all the lawn nicely mowed.

Steve Blunier (Central Illinois): I love the LED lighting-- neat solution to a common problem and a lot less expensive than the Grote light. Where did you put the switch?

Also, nice picture of the Magnum 18: I see yours is all tricked out with both a sensor and a gauge output for the oil pressure.

The 100 looks sweet; I'm envious of the CCC sticker on the rear of the 2072, and where did you get the CC script emblem?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Bob G Proctor

Pin punches are easy to find at any local parts store for a few $ . They have a small ball in the centre that pushes the centre of the coiled pin first and that starts the pin moving .http://www.sears.com/craftsman-6-pc-roll-pin-punch-set/p-00943167000P?prdNo=5

I bet they can be bought in your area from them also.

Looking at my car I see a flat tire this am
bash.gif
but I can`t remember when I had a flat before
1a_scratchhead.gif
. So I need that fixed and my new Cub hauler needs a road inspection before I can get it registered .Looking on the net for a good rail type tie down system so my cubs stay in place when I move them in the trailer.With the enclosed trailer I won`t be able to see driving if they have worked loose and are moving around.Any Ideas on what is the best system for me to get would be appreciated . I bet Denny has some ideas !
1a_scratchhead.gif
worthy.gif
old.gif

Steve-
Nice light!

I keep thinking of adding some stealth lighting around the tractor that remains hidden, but puts off good light. I've been looking at little Whelen lights, we've used them at work frequently. Another one I've thought about is one from TecNiq. It's the same lighthead with housings to aim the light where it's needed.

Ron S your pretty close on the pto safety switch. the brake shoe pto was added at serial number 482,000 and the pto safety switch was added earlier at serial 441194 this is also the seial number point for the wiring harness change.

Hi everyone,
I recently bought a Cub 125 for 200$ that came set up for pulling but didn't run. I replaced the coil, condenser, battery, and oil and now it runs amazing. My problem is the it won't move. At first it moved fine; I took it down the road to try and get all the fluids in the hydro worked around. Then on the way back from this 2 mile journey it started going fast... then slow... on the way down a long hill. Going uphill there was alot less power. Checked hydro fluid the next day and it was very low. I filled it up and it still didn't move after running it in neutral for awhile and then moving the hydro lever back and forth slowely. I propped the rear end up on bricks yesterday and I got the tires to move slowly if the engine was running at an idle. I took the fender and seat assembly off. It seems the valves at the top of the hydro pump are stuck down from when i moved it? They jump up, and everything works slow for a minute, and then stops. So I tried lubricating them and now they're just stuck down. I hope there is a way I can save this. Might it entail a "hydro rebuilt"? Thanks alot everyone! Hope to get a plow on it if i can get it going today and plow some of the gravel and dirt off my lawn that was graded over for the new road...

Bob Proctor,

You are probably thinking of the tools that were made by Kentucky Ken.

Search the archives for "Kentucky Ken pin tool" and you can find pictures of his 2 different sizes and the combined tool.

JEFF - I knew there were a LOT more 1x8/1x9's out there with the PTO saftey switch than the PTO brake. My old 129 had the clutch/brake pedal safety switch and the PTO switch.

My #72 GD also has the clutch/brake pedal safety switch on it from the factory. Not sure about the old '65 vintage #70, as much as I run it I ALWAYS push the clutch in when starting it.

Welcome, Jacob! Glad to see you've already got the seat & fenders off. From here, it looks like your next step is to clean out around those 2 relief valves, remove them, and get the "buttons" to move freely. I've done that by using the plastic spout from a WD-40 or similar spray can to push up on the valve through the hole in the bottom. It doesn't seem like your buttons should be stuck too tightly.
happy.gif

Jacob, Do you mean the engine was still running good and the tractor slowed down? Or the engine lost power? If it's the former, Check all the pins on that drive shaft. If a pin is broke it won't make enough pressure to pop those up. Just a thought.

Thanks! Yes, the engine was still running great. It just stopped making the "hydro whine" and quit moving. I will check the relief valves. Thanks alot!

Jacob, read the post by Dave directly below your last post. I believe that is what has happened, a Spirol pin has sheared. With the fenders off you can easily observe if this is the case. Block the rear up so that the tires are off the ground, start the tractor check if the OUTput shaft is spinning, or spinning at the same rate as the INput side of the hydrostatic pump. If not, that's the problem.

Ken F

Found the photos and will wake up the little hamster that spins the wheel in my head. I'll try to recreate the piece.

ANYONE interested can view the pin press on March 29, 2012. As usual Kraig & Digger have some great photo's.

Kraig and Bob,
Weaver never followed through with the patent thing, BUT!
I did.
I got the patent approval last Jan. for all 3 versions of the pin tool.

Well crap, I've only ever put one on. I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure it's on backwards. Thanks for the info Kraig.

Charlie, in that case:

240579.jpg

Dave, it probably doesn't matter all that much as long as there's airflow.
dunno.gif

Back