• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 21, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say that is the worst damage wise accident I have seen with a cub as far as repair goes,, I am with Steve swap the whole rearend or do an engine swap some how.

Matt G. - Steve B.

greenthumb.gif

305711.jpg

Life is GOOD!

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 305711.jpg
    305711.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 108
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 96
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 305711.jpg
    305711.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 106
Jason W.
I'll see your one bent axle and raise you 6 more, LOL
305713.jpg

305714.jpg

Attachments

• 305713.jpg
    305713.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 305714.jpg
    305714.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 305714.jpg
    305714.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 305713.jpg
    305713.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 105
Jason,
I would swap the whole rear end and hydro unit assembly and if you are worried about the relief valves, take the ones out of the 149 hydro unit and put them in the 1250 unit. That way you will know you have good relief valves.

Jason - swap the rearend but reuse your hydro pump and all the linkage set up on the 149. While you're at it you'll need to replace the "infamous cork gasket" where the pump mounts to the rearend. Only issue is whether the 1250 has internal wet brake or external disc like the 149 - hopefully the latter so you won't have more work.

Charlie - ok, Jason's a bit new on the bent axles, so I'm gonna call your bluff - show us your hand. Have you got 6 pairs of bent axles? No fair using a Royal Hydro Flush either.

Harry,
I've actually got 28 bent axles.
I didn't feel the need to post pics of them all.
14 Cubs = 28 axles don't it.
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 106
Thanks Marty! I'll get started on that steering swap in the morning.

Charlie - yup, you sur'nuff got the winnin' hand. I guess I should say you win the total loss. Jason only goes home half broke.

Well Jason, at least you'll have plenty of spare parts. Maybe you can trade for other items you need for the 149. I would choose a 149 over 1250 anyday. My luck seems to be with quietlines. Although, I cannot wait until the 782 is up! Dad had driven it a bit and has laid claim to it for mowing out at a friends place this summer. He asked about power steering... One tractor at a time! Lol. 1450 is still going good mowing at his church, he likes that way more than the 1200, not a gear drive man anymore, or strong arm for that matter. Hydro lift has spoiled him.
baldguy.gif

Attachments

• baldguy.gif
    baldguy.gif
    236 bytes · Views: 101
Back