• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 21, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glippert

displayname
Greg Lippert
Bill R - The best Cub ever built? The one you have a chance to get next! You need one for each attachment, you know. I've got four Cubs and two kids, and I couldn't choose the "best" in either category. They're all great!

Hey Guys, yes it looks to be the throttle shaft bushing. Was dealing with this when the bolt that holds the the pulley on the front of the engine backed itself out. Turns out that a previous owner used flat washers instead of the proper spacers now the bolt will not hold. I know this is fixable but does anyone have a diagram showing the proper spacers? As for the carb the throttle bushing explains a lot as the tractor will lean out when hot. But based upon what my tech told me about the carb condition replacement may be the way to go. I'm just going to use the machine for mowing grass in summer and collecting leaves in fall. (Golden retirement for a Cub).

Fred

Dad is checking out my work on the CCO hood
226571.jpg

BILL R. - I'm biased, but I'm partial to the 70/100 and later gear drive CC's, and I'd say wide frames are better than narrow frames but I don't really care for Quiet-Lines. The bendix style starter is good, but I don't care for the elec. PTO clutches. And the rubber engine mounts seem to cause problems as the hours of use and years pile up.

If your only going to have one CC and plan to mow with it a Hydro is a good choice. The infinite choice of speed from zero to 8 MPH allows them to mow, roto-till, and blow snow really well.

Far as adding another CC to your fleet, it depends on what you already have and what you plan on doing with the new tractor.

FRED B. - Our site sponsors sell repair kits for rebuilding the throttle bushing in the old Carter/Kohler carbs. It includes a new throttle shaft and bushing to install in the carb body, plus the new screws to reattach the throttle blade to the new shaft.

If your engine runs hot at higher RPM and under load you should be able to richen the mixture with the main fuel adjusting needle on the top of the carb pointing "UP", turn it counter-clockwise a quarter to half a turn. Sounds like your running lean. The worn bushing normally leans out the idle since the throttle is open only a small amount.

I think there's a write-up in the FAQ's about the rebuild of the Carter/Kohler carb.

Bill R - the Best Cub Cadet ever? Well when I'm plowing with my 122 I feel its the best!
226579.jpg

When I drive my dad's Original I think wow this is awesome, it must be the best!
226580.jpg

When I'm blowing snow with my 149 I LOVE it! It's the Best! This was after I fixed this broken balance gear...
226581.jpg

MY 125(even with it's zig-zag front) is the best when I'm using it.
226582.jpg

I drove my neighbors 782 and wow it's the Best!
226583.jpg

My 127, well it was not having its best day on this day...
226584.jpg

In conclusion its BEST to have several Cub Cadets !!!

Which reminds me that I have to redo that FAQ section on those throttle shaft bushings. Thanks for the reminder Denny.
beer2.gif

Vince, ummm, what's the whole story on that last photo of your 127?
1a_scratchhead.gif
roflol.gif

I have a dry creek bottom at the back of my land. It had just rained and I tested to see if it was wet... This was when we found out how heavy the 127 really is!

I think I had just mowed this area with a Craftsman riding lawnmower and found it to be rather wet so we played a bit with the 127. I have more pictures on a different computer of my son standing next to this or on it covered in mud. You know the story, a 12 year old with a new toy...

I have to say the 70-100 is the most "Ground breaking" Cub Cadet. The 70-100 was the forst to get away from belts and go to the drive shaft.

Vince,
the majority of the guys here will tell ya to buy an additional cub for the mower, and leave the blower where it is...
greenthumb.gif

Tom H I'll second that on the 70/100. There was a cub beauty contest years ago and I seem to recall that the 100 won.

Jeremy - Does it have any hydraulic oil spots on the floor ?

Vince - You remind me of when I was in scull and chasin girlz. If you can't be with the one you love , love the one you're with !

charlie i did that too but my cab has been modified a little so i was looking for some exact detailed pictures.

Ken- No, cant see any oil on the ground. It only leaked before the relief valves were rebuilt. I thought after that the tiller would stay up!

Dennis Frisk - The tiller leaks off in a matter of seconds rather than minutes, worse the warmer the fluid gets too. Yes, very annoying! Can the cylinder be rebuilt, or do I have to buy a new one somewhere? Thanks!

Back