• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 20, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning all,
Just started my second day of 16 hour shifts at work and just mid point of a 12 day strech, not complaing its $over-time$,,, just tired.

I did manage to get my broken S/G fixed so if I was at home I could have seat time On the 109.

Any plans for your cubs today?

Dan, I am pretty sure the only difference in the hydros on a 123 vs a 129 is the manual relief flap.

Marlin, your help is requested

Jeff
a 123 and 129 would have the same hydro pump. seems like he needs to adjust the linkage.

Dan
some guys add an elbow of exhaust pipe to point the exhaust down . hope this helps.

Dan M. The 123 uses the same non ported hydro as the other Cub Cadets with the hydro release flapper being the only difference. However if the linkage is stiff and needing a good cleaning/oiling then it could make a difference in performance. I recently took time to spray some Strong Arm onto the linkage since the lever seemed stiffer to move lately. After a few times forward/reverse, I had to relearn how much force to use moving the hydro lever. It is now that smooth and quick again.

Dan,
Does the 782 have an adjustable carburetor? If it's bad enough to burn your eyes might be running rich. I use 3 x82 series tractors and none cause such issues for me. That or even an exhaust leak?

My observation after first mow with my 123. The 38in cast end deck works well, discharges the grass better than a 42in cast nose deck, that is until the belt broke. The hydro brake disengage need lube/adjusting. pressing the brake doesn't stop the tractor. the thing ride like a brick, after the belt broke I got on the 149, it was like going from an old farm truck to luxury car.
Cub plans for today are to finish retorquing head on 169, the spacers for the heat shield crumbled, will replace with grade 8 washers. hopefully get to do some tinkering on the 123

Ok guys, my son was rummaging around again and picked up a No. 2 Cart this tag. I've never seen one on a cart before. Are these tags out there?
287695.jpg

Harry from what I was told the later models of the #2 cart had the serial number tag.

Harry,

I used to have a nice, original #2 cart and it had a tag on the front, lower right corner if looking at the cart from the front.

According to one source, the IH #2 carts were produced from 1967 to 1982 with only a change in 1973 when the IH decal was “modernized”. I have three #2 carts, two with the old style IH decals and one with the newer style. One of the older styles has a serial tag (with the old style IH logo), but in the opposite front corner). I have never seen the small metal serial tag before, but I assume it would match the number on the large tag??
Harry: It looks like your cart would be post 1972 based on what looks like the "modern" IH logo.

board-post.pl

Back