• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 19, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ALLEN - I think you are entirely correct on those voltage regulators, two windings & relays. Yes, the V/R could make the charging fluctuate.

And if you think the 30-40 yr old amp gauges were bad you should hear the failure rate on the new ones!

About ten yrs ago I had the whole steering console off my 129 to have Dad do some repairs. I was carrying out to the shop to install, walking on my concrete driveway and stepped on an icy spot. My feet went out opposite directions and down I went. I managed to keep the console from crashing into the concrete, but the jolt was hard enough to knock the needle loose from the mechanism. It still was attached but swung back and forth as I moved the console side-to-side. It was brand new!

Hi all! New to the forum, but not new to Cubs! i have a 1650 that just started to give me some hydraulic issues. My tiller when mounted, will not stay up. Was wondering what would be creating this problem. I just recently had the relief valves rebuilt, the tiller would not stay up before the rebuilds though. Hyd. oil is topped off to the correct level. Any help would be great, thanks!

Hey guys,
Here's some pics of the recoil and the coffin plate.I've added an SG to get it running for now but am going to try and find/repair the stand-off mount for the recoil.
I pulled the battery out of the 1250 and hooked it up to the new wiring harness I made.Cranked it over a few times but no light-off.Pulled the plug and it was getting fuel.Checked for spark,-none.Ran some krokus cloth through the points,cranked it over and it lit right away.It runs pretty nice.I need to get a tach,I think my rpm is a little low in the fast throttle position.
Have a good night.
226560.jpg

226561.jpg

226562.jpg

226563.jpg

hey guys. i just bought a windbreaker deluxe cab. the one with a hard frame and top but soft doors. i was wondering it someone could send me some pictures of the mounting points on the cab and some detailed pictures of the back/bottom. that would be great. email them to [email protected]. thanks

Dave Charette -

Nice recoil 71. I've had several recoils, and you are lucky to still have had that much left of your starter. Some guys have had luck making recoil flanges out of steel. Also, sometimes the mounting ring can still be found. I believe the old Kohler number on that is 231299. Several of us on here have dabbled in the recoils. Let us know how it is going. Your's is the first Canadian recoil that I can remember on here...

JEREMY SMITH - Weldome to the forum, we're all biased but this really IS the best IHCC forum on the net'.

Two things cause hydraulics to leak down. Either the seals in the lift cylinder are getting worn and oil is bypassing the piston inside the cylinder. Or the valve spool and bore is getting worn and oil in bypassing the spool and letting the tiller down.

There really isn't a good way to test on a direct coupled cylinder like the rockshaft cylinder to see which componenet is leaking. On a full size ag tractor with quick-disconnects you can just unhook the quick connects and if the implement leaks down then it's the cylinder for sure, and "MAYBE" the valve.

On a CC I think it's easier to replace the rockshaft cylinder than it is to replace the valve so I think I'd replace the cylinder first to see if that's causing your leak down.

I've been around equipment all my life and to be honest, ALL hydraulics leak down a little. It's customary for safe operation to let the implement down when parking the tractor. If your tiller is leaking down in less than say a Minute after being raised it's annoying and you may want to fix it. But if the tiller is leaking down over night or 2-3 days I wouldn't worry about it until it gets worse.

Hey Guys
What was the best Cub Cadet ever built and why?
I ask as the wife tells me I can get one more Cub this year.

I did not tell her I still want to rebuild the engine on the 107 after I finish some painting on the CCO.
I know.... I will tell her but not until I make up my mind on what new one I want.

Latest posts

Back