• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 18, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SHULTZIE - The engine I rebuilt & put in my #72 was from a 147, and it had the #30 carb. Also K321's can have TWO different exhaust valve sizes, and my engine had the big valve, which is the same size as the intake valve. IIRC the little valve was 1-1/8", big valve was 1-3/8".

Hey, thanks guys.
I needed to know because the local parts store got me the wrong rebuild kit.
I even gave them the carb. to have for a few days.
They got me the model "N" kit.
facepalm.gif

Now that I looked at it, it is a model 30.

Tristan, the setscrew is a 10-24 thread. Note the setscrew is not shown on the exploded view but it is listed under the control handle part in the parts listing. The hardware that is not shown but is required is often listed this way.

287583.jpg

Here's how I fixed the loose one on my #2 125. I used a bolt that I had on hand and it was a little bit too long so I added some washers. Not the prettiest but it worked.

287584.jpg

EDIT: Wow my #2 125 sure is dusty!
blush.gif
Guess I better give it a bath...

So instead of backtracking details, for now, lets just jump in where I'm tying up loose ends.

Exhaust. Due to time constraints I was nearly resigned to use an NOS muffler on this project until I found that it interferes with the electric clutch. An option I always considered was just straight-piping the engine, however plowing in a group would require that I hand out earplugs. I needed to at least make something that attenuated the exhaust note, and better yet deepen the note.

Harley drag pipe baffles- seemed simple enough. Bolt a 7ga flange to the block, weld a section of 1-3/8" mandrel bend, transition to a 2" tube through a cone. The 2" tube houses the baffle. The baffle is held captive by the end component, another 2" mandrel bend section. To make the muffler re-packable, as well as to add future possibilities of changing the outlet (vertical pipe, different elbow, etc.), the end has a pair of V-band rings and V-band clamp. The pipe components came from Cone Engineering, the baffle is from Cycle Shack, and the V-band parts were from siliconeintakes.com.

I can't take credit for the welds. Where I work, we build fire apparatus, we have some of the best people TIG welding stainless pipe in the industry. I left it to a seasoned pro.

Here's the assembly components:
287586.jpg

Here's a partial assembly (minus the packing for clarity):
287587.jpg

Here's the full assembly:
287588.jpg

Left side:
287589.jpg

Right side:
287590.jpg

Wyatt Compton

I would like to hear that HD baffle on a cub also. I have a few of those laying around the shop.
1a_scratchhead.gif
whistling.gif

Wyatt, That is AWESOME, people are going to copy that idea. Looks like it belongs on there.

Pretty sweet Wyatt!

i was considering a very similar setup on my puller. I wasn't sure what exactly it would sound like. Great tractor man. 14+ yr project, Wow. Your giving me hope.

Wyatt,
She looks and sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing the video. Makes me wish I never sold the 1206 and 1256 wheatlands I had.
bash.gif

Is anbody eles having problems getting the parts look up to work? I have tried off and on the last 2 days and all it dose is try to load. I need to order a few things but cant get the part numbers. Thanks Jim

Its working for me Jim, try clearing your browser files and shut your computer off then turn it back on. That clears the temporary memory files.

I must not be doing something right then. I have shut it off and cleared everything. Still cant get it to work. Thanks for the info though. Jim

I tried for over an hour and 20-30 times to post a comment on another forum with no success, rebooted PC and it went O-K this afternoon.

Just checked some parts on the look-up above and it works fine too.

Keep trying JIM.... remember, Our tractors are "Garden Tractors"

Funny how my "garden tractor" has never been in a garden and does the same work as my "farm tractor" just in smaller scale
whistling.gif

Brian E - hmm, did you happen to look up the definition of "garden". I'll bet your Cub Cadet "garden tractor" has been in one of these:

Definition:
"Garden" - NOUN
1 - a plot of ground, usually near a house, where flowers, shrubs, vegetables, fruits, or herbs are cultivated.
2 - a piece of ground or other space, commonly with ornamental plants, trees, etc., used as a park or other public recreation area: a public garden.
3 - a fertile and delightful spot or region.
4 - "British" yard.

Who would'a thunk it?

BRIAN - Well, if Harry's definition of "Garden" wasn't enough, just try looking something up in the parts look-up under something OTHER than Garden tractor. ;-)

My yard fits the first three of Harry's definitions... My yard isn't "British". Nothing against the Brit's, just that my yard is in Wisconsin.

Latest posts

Back