• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 16, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got the 125 home around ten hours ago. No sooner did I sweep a new spot in the garage for it, I had to up and leave for work.

Kraig, Thank you, I'll send them your way! The right -rear fender has a bend in it at the outer corner, and Wayne is right, it could use a clean up after a few things I must attend to around our house.

Thank you all!

Jason,
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 120
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 120
Anybody up this morning?
coffee.gif

A few years ago, when I refurbed a 1250 for my grandson, I learned the hard way about the little brass screws holding the throttle plate to the throttle shaft inside the carburetor; they're peened on the back end, and they twist right off if you don't file/grind that end off first. I must have been traumatized by that experience, because I've put off replacing the throttle shaft bushing on my 1450 for many years now. But a week or so back I mustered up the courage to order a bushing/screws kit, along with a rebuild kit. Of course it arrived at my mailbox less than 48 hours later, as always (thanks, Charlie). This morning, before I even had any coffee, I tore into it and it went very smoothly. I discovered that there was no throttle shaft bushing in it- just pieces of some type of fiber washer that a previous owner apparently installed, so I'm sure the throttle action improvement will be great.

But now I have a question: Now that I have those shiny new screws holding the plate onto the throttle shaft, how do I peen the ends. There's not much room to work inside the #30 carb. Would threadlok work instead? If I ever have to remove them again, that may be worse than the peened ends.

I think I'll go have some breakfast and ponder my options. Thanks.

Attachments

• coffee.gif
    coffee.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 124
So i bought one of those over ceeees black exhaust mufflers for my 125 only to find that the exit tip is turned 20 degrees and looks wrong. geees cant they get anything right. now ive got to cut it off and re-weld it.

Greg L.-

The last few I have done I have replaced the screws with new stainless steel screws, added split lock washers, and also blue Loc-Tite.

Matt, do a trial fit before doing any cutting. The exhaust elbow does not come straight out of the block.

Greg L,

Purple Loctite would be a good choice for screws that small.

Matt D.

I also purchased one of those "over ceeees black exhaust mufflers". According to parts look up link at top of page and CCSpecialties your 125 & my 149 both use same Part# IH-393840-R91. Black paint on bottom half of muffler will flake rite off after first use, mine did anyway. If I had to do it over would have putrchased Original or the Galvanized Version!

Anyway my tip has a Slight Angle toward front of tractor as you mentioned, is this wrong?

I've looked up many 125 and 149 pics on-line and some show tip straight out and some are angled slightly forward.

For an Original Look is the tip "Supposed" to be Straight out?

Thanks,

305438.jpg

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• 305438.jpg
    305438.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 119
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 305438.jpg
    305438.jpg