• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 16, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elamott

displayname
Earl LaMott
129 Electrical
Thanks for the comments. I am not familiar with circuits and I thought that the hot wire on the plus side of coil should always be hot. I did test the resistance on the coil. One was 4.2 and the other was 3.1 so one was good and one was close. Being that both acted the same, I don't think that is the coil. My next step as per suggestion is to run a wire direct from battery to plus side of coil. If that doesn't change anything I am not sure what to do.
Thanks
Earl

many times I have seen the wire that runs to the coil across the engine shroud, wear and ground out on the two metal clips on the shroud.
just my 2 cents

Marlin H, Thank you for your feelings. I sure do share in them, especially here at Charlie's most respected, and trusted site!

But on the other hand,.........( and i'm soon to be thrown into the fryer for this number, especially since I have a nice 86 coming along with a few wide frame parts)

But on the other hand, as the song goes,......

I just scored the most amazing 125 "barn find" EVER!!!! One owner, parts and service sticker out of my home town of Cleveland, Ohio.

I'm just going to have to summon Hydro Harry to post pictures here for us exclusively, when the time comes.

The engine seems to spin freely, and we're not sure why yet. Please understand I felt the $300 price was not out of consideration, gave the owner a $50 deposit and am now on my way to the bank for the remainder balance!

All I can say is wow!

To be continued,........

John, as you probably know, we like photos here, so thanks in advance for the promised photos.
happy.gif
happy.gif
And you might also know how I feel about the Cub Cadet model 125.

305423.jpg

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 121
  • 305423.jpg
    305423.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 144
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 125
  • 305423.jpg
    305423.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 130
For the life of me, I can't imagine how in the world a bent T.O.E. nipple could cost so dad blurn much!!!!!

1a_scratchhead.gif

I Just Don't GET IT.

So I Bolted muffler to center of slotted mounting bracket, just "Mocked" it's Installed Position, measured thread take off inside exhaust port on head to center line of muffler intake, did the same from inside the muffler intake to CL of exhaust port on head, just basic pipe fitting stuff, then bought a 1" sch 40 butt weld 90 AND a 1" nipple at local supply house, for a Tiny Fraction of what part# IH-393621-R1 or KH-235692 cost. GEEEeeeeeez

305431.jpg

I actually did score the IH-681797-C1 or Replicement Version of the Clamp,,,

Anyway I'll post results prolly this Weekend when I get a chance to take this Monstrosity OFF!!!!!!

305432.jpg

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 120
  • 305431.jpg
    305431.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 305432.jpg
    305432.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 126
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 305432.jpg
    305432.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 305431.jpg
    305431.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 138
Jason W.
Dealer cost from Cub Cadet on IH-393621-R1 USE KH-235692 ELBOW $89.82

Wholesale to Kohler low volume dealers is $101.79 /EA.

High volume Kohler dealers get it for $88.40.

That should explain it.

129 electrical
My problem was a bad hot lead. I hot wired the coil to the battery and it ran fine. I learned today that you can't test the hot lead just by turning on the switch and putting on the meter.
A good day again, I learned something.
Thanks for the help
Earl

Jason,

Have you ever thought of placing a post in the wanted section?

Bet I'm not the only person on here who has a GOOD used exhaust elbow just laying around....

Kraig, I paid in full this afternoon and I'm now the owner of a model 125! Serial No. on this unit is 292876. I received original copies of the Operator's manual, and B.R Service Manual, both in great condition.

I've had an Original, 100, 102, 123, 71, 72, 86, 1250, 1450, 1450, 1211, and now a 125! I just cant believe the 125's condition. I have another K301 on the shelf "if" something is wrong with this 12hp. . Front lights, mower deck No.482U1113 is in very nice condition, both rear reflectors, and that weird off-set red light back there. Dash and steering wheel are amazing. What's so stunning is how nice the seat appears to be! Garaged it's whole life and never seen rain so I'm told.

Well, she (my wife) is still upset, so I told her the 125 cost $200, and I gave her my beloved 1450 less the rear IH wheel weights because she loves it so much and I got her hooked on cubbys now! She thinks I care more about cubbys than our wedding this September. That's crazy. I worked enough over time this week to easily make up for the cost of this 125. Yellow Fever all the way 100%!

Marlin, I have to agree on that one!

I'll be more than happy as ever to post pictures of this gem right here where they belong! Well that's enough yap from me.

John L. I agree with what Charlie posted.
greenthumb.gif

Even though it's going to be in the 90s this weekend and my whole body hurts like everything... There is nothing more relaxing than working on making a Cub Cadet run like new. I just put up a canvas over the open garage doors turn on the fan, cuss the humidity because my paint isn't drying fast enough, turn on the oldies radio station and I'm in seventh heaven.

Everyone have a safe and fun filled weekend.

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 132
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 111
Right on John!
buttrock.gif
You scored. Pics please.
popcorn2.gif

Attachments

• popcorn2.gif
    popcorn2.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 117
  • buttrock.gif
    buttrock.gif
    439 bytes · Views: 117
John L., awesome!
greenthumb.gif
groupwave.gif
I can hardly wait for the photos.
bouncy.gif
If you want, feel free to send the full resolution photos to me and I'll resize them and post them for you.
bouncy.gif

Attachments

• bouncy.gif
    bouncy.gif
    2 KB · Views: 114
  • bouncy.gif
    bouncy.gif
    2 KB · Views: 117
  • groupwave.gif
    groupwave.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 118
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 112
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 121
John L.-

Nice find! Do you have a trailer queen in your collection? It sounds like with a little soap and water this 125 might qualify...and talk about original. It sounds like it's complete right down to the manuals.

Kraig-

If John sends the pics please make them big. A lot of us are at that age.

Wayne, that was partially my intent. My main intent is to get high resolution photos for myself,
proud.gif
secondary intent is to post them in a larger then typical size.
buttrock.gif

Attachments

• buttrock.gif
    buttrock.gif
    439 bytes · Views: 126
  • proud.gif
    proud.gif
    926 bytes · Views: 120
Thanks Kraig!

I resolved my issues with ole Smokey. It apparently was the v/r and the overcharging somehow caused the spittin' and sputterin'. I never did get any replies about that but it's fixed now. I mowed for a while last evening without incident.

Wayne - I saw your question about ole Smokey spittin' and sputterin' and was anxious to see/hear any replies, but there were none. I have to assume the defective V/R was somehow overpowering the coil or condenser causing some type of loss of spark or spark at the wrong times. It seems you were fortunate that neither of these (coil or condenser) failed.

John L - hey congrats on your new-to-you 125. It sounds like you got one in really really nice condition - can't wait to see the pics.
I also appreciate the special math used for your wife. It's more of an algebraic formula like A minus B = C:
A = $300, price of 125.
B = $100, value received by not including wheel weights from 1450 that was given to wife.
C = $200, net cost of 125
I've had to use this type of math many times in deals with my wife (she's never been very good with math so I always help).
err.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 117
Kirk L.

Actually the answer to your question is No. I never stopped as my infuriating rage grew and grew, long enough to even consider the Huge Text in bold print at the top of this page, "No such thing as a stupid question".

When I read your post and realized how new I am to this yellow & white thing and the fact that I never considered the combined experience of all the forum members here exceeds hundreds of years it was like a light bulb came on over my head.

My first thought was who am I to be complaining about "Anything"!

Just in the few months now that I became aware International even made a Cadet I've had Nothing but Good Information and Good sound advice from this community!

"Get rid of that copper fuel line"
"Get all that grease outta that trunion"
"Careful using stainless hardware instead of the WP case hardened bolts"
"Spin that filter on and forget about it"
"Did you consider the classified section"

When I look back and wonder why I was so obsessed with doing it my way, we'll now I feel like so many of those first year apprentices with Know it all attitudes I've run across down through the years.

Out on the job I would have been put in my place RITE NOW! LoL

Anyway Thanks Kirk, that quick short post you put up said a lot.

And a Great Big Thanks to All those who have steered me in the right direction without insult or ridicule!

And a big IH thumbs up For All who sacrifice there time and effort to make this site what it is, you are very much Appreciated!

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 112

Latest posts

Back