• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 15, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Looks great Marty, reminds me of the one I used to have!!!

Charlie,

Flag is on the lighted pole at the end of the drive 24/7/365.......it's a landmark in the neighborhood......I'm not sure some people could give directions to others without it!!!

Steve B.
Good deal and well done man!
greenthumb.gif

Steve S,
I checked my collection of lift stops today when I was out in the shop.

60 thousand serial number 70 - 6 inches
80 thousand serial number 100 - 6.75 inches, I replaced this one it was 6 inches
100 thousand serial number 70 - 6.75 inches, I have not replaced that one that I remember
127 - 7.75 inches, original to the tractor as far as I can tell

So it turns out there are actually at least three different lengths.

I agree on the cast end decks, best mowing deck available for the narrow frames.

"I agree on the cast end decks, best mowing deck available for the narrow frames."

X2
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
......42".....

Brian A...Thanks for calling attention to this. It's important and practical information for anyone who uses the old narrow frames to mow grass. I'm not sure how many of us knew this but it sure came as a surprise to me...
thumbsup.gif

Marty G...A super nice job on that 100...Great Work!

David Schwandt,

That is cool you are behind the wheel of a big rig again. Once a trucker...always a trucker! Good looking Pete they have you driving. Looks like the same color as my pulling tractor over in the pulling section of the forum!

Marty Gwin,

Those 23-10.50 Tru Powers' look good on the back of your 100. Perfect choice to go along with the V61's on the front. Excellent job!

Marty-

Ya dun good! I (we) have been waiting for a while now but it was worth the wait. I'm glad you finally got'er dun.

I hope my 100 looks just half as good as yours someday.

Marty...AWESOME job on the 100. That does NOT resemble ANYTHING of the 100 I had when I was young......
drool.gif

Mine was used way too hard and put away way too wet. I gave it away like 25 yrs ago.

Marty - looks way too purty to use.. Very Nice!

Marty,

NICE!! Looks like you have about every available add-on option on your 100. Lights, Hydraulic lift, Rear Lift Hitch, Ammeter, Creeper and Fenders. Did I miss any?

Oh...and it looks like it also has the factory large battery box option.

And a pair of wheel weights on the insides of the rims.

Not only does Marty's 100 have the large battery box, it has the early metal spoke steering wheel and acorn nut steering wheel center. The later 100s had the plastic steering wheel with the plastic center cap while the 70 continued on with the metal spoke steering wheel and acorn nut.

325962.jpg

^^ Early ^^

325963.jpg

^^ Later ^^ (EDIT: Note incorrect tie rod placement on the 70. EDIT-2: Note both the 70 and 100 have the optional Deluxe Seats and wide "flotation rear tires.)

Marty that's the best 100 I've seen in a looong time! Great touch on the original-correct square 100 decals!

Ron,

It also has the "high flotation" front wheels, and the "widest" optional rear wheels.

I am not 100% sure on what the actual width size of the rear rims are, but there are three sizes that I know of.
I am thinking the standard 6-12 wheel is a 4" rim, the optional 8.50-12 is a 6" rim, and the optional 10.50-12 is a 8" rim.

The 10.50-12 is what I have.
I'm sure you already know this
err.gif

Look closely at the rear, to the right of the upper lift arm, and you will also see the bracket on the spring assist.

My next 100 project will have all of these options along with a rear pto, and maybe a deluxe padded seat as shown in the ad Kraig posted.

Thanks to everyone for all the nice compliments.

This 100 was done in honor of my dad who passed away in October.
He did get to see it nearly complete, just not running.

If it were not for this site, I probably wouldn't have even started on it.

My hats off to Charlie and everyone, you guys are the best!
A great big
greenthumb.gif
to all.

Marty-

I sent you an email a few days back and haven't heard back. Is your listed email still valid?

Back