• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 15, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ethan K.
There's a reason Kohler and IH recommend what they do.
thumbsup.gif

315476.jpg

315477.jpg

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 80
  • 315476.jpg
    315476.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 315477.jpg
    315477.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 315476.jpg
    315476.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 315477.jpg
    315477.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 92
Ethan K,

I also would recommend using the IH/Kohler recommended Straight SAE 30 Weight oil. I've used several different kinds of oil over the years, the last I consistently used was 15w-40 diesel oil (I have 3 diesel vehicles in the fleet and usually had this on-hand). This spring, due to a sale at one of my local outlets, I was able to get 3 cases of Shell brand oil for $40. I bought 2 cases of Straight 30 Weight and a case of 2-cycle oil. Did my spring oil changes with this Straight 30 Weight and have seen my oil consumption go down, drastically. I mow 2 properties, my yard, that is about .3 acre and one that is at least 2 acres. Last year, I would need to add a "glug" of oil to be back to the full mark after mowing my yard. After mowing the large property, I would be down to the "add" mark. This year, running the 30 weight, I see no change in the oil level after mowing my yard, and only need to add the "glug" after the large property. I've yet to be down to the "add" mark this year.

Scott-how was the consumption issue on the 15w40? I keep delvac on hand for the duramax diesels we see come in,I think what I'll do is just grab some straight 30 weight from my IH vendor and call it a day

I used to run 15W40 in my 782 and eventually switched back to 30W because of the oil consumption. Run what the manual says...

Wayne,

Since your friend has already invested over a grand already, just tell him only two thousand more and it could look like this:

315481.jpg
err.gif

Attachments

• 315481.jpg
    315481.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 87
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 91
  • 315481.jpg
    315481.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 91
Ethan,

The higher consumption was on the 15w-40. Straight 30 Weight took me to minimal usage, just like Matt experienced. Mine are a 1450 and 1650, both single cylinder K-Series, his 782 would be a twin.......

Ok all understood loud and clear I'm going to grab a case 30 weigh tomorrow and change out my 125 and Iron Patriot

A Scott a big thanks again for emailing those pictures of your 1450 I've been using those as a template for the Iron Patriot rebuild

Ethan - YIKES, 5W30. I'm glad the other guys piped in to advise you about what to use. I'll bet by making the change to straight 30W you'll see your blow-by disappear (at least most of it).

Back