• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 15, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Richard C-

According to my 86-1650 manual that looks like the right order but I can't tell from the diagram how the 1/4" spacer is oriented.

(Message edited by mgonitzke on June 15, 2004)

Richard M-

It's the IH Cub Cadet forum
happy.gif

For anyone paying attention, mcmeen.net is back on the air
buttrock.gif

New server runs quite a bit faster, need to recompile a custom kernel and I'll be all set.

did somebody post something ??
I thought I heard something ...

With all the info on paint/painting, my brother in law, cleaning paint guy. Sprayed cleaned thru it and shut off air. Then, for some ? reason, stuck left index finger over tip and hit the trigger. Lost story short, lost 1/2 index finger where air and cleaner shot thru the skin into the tissue. Drs thought they might have to take the complete finger. But, things happen.

Kraig:

Looks like you have the paint topic covered now. I have used PPG paints up till now, but it looks like all of the PPG stores around here have switched to dupont, so it looks like I will be going back to dupont. I hvaven't used the delstar enamel that Dan uses because it wasn't available around here, you should still be able to get it in the midwest though and it works great.

The only correction I would make to the old paint posts, is that hardener does enhance the gloss, because it converts the hardening process from evaporative to catalytic. The evaporative drying/hardening/curing process reduces the gloss, this is why flat paints dry much quicker than gloss paints. By converting the process to catalytic, the paint hardens prior to the evaporation of all of the solvents, thus better gloss with quicker drying time.

I would post the PPG paint codes, but having read the FAQ, I have noticed that they are right there in plain view.

Wyatt, Ken:

Ice or Icing is pretty much the same as bondo, it's just thinner so it spreads easier in thinner layers. It takes the place of the old red spot putty, since spot putty is laquer based it isn't compatable with the newer catalyzed or epoxy primers.

My preference was to use laquer primer and spot putty since it is faster and easier.

Lyle -- I've seen that happen when hydraulic hoses burst but not with spray guns. I guess if you're thin skined it might or already have a cut on your finger. I use to build fiberglass boat molds and did a lot of wet sanding. My fingers didn't have any finger prints for 3 months due to all the wet sanding. They would get so raw they would bleed but I never lost a finger when I'd clean the paint pot with acetone. I use acetone to this day to heal up or take the soreness out of a bad cut. It works better than anything at the drug store ... word of warning , my doctors didn't like it when I told them about doing it !
Now the high pressure washer I use to clean heavy equipment with ... that's another story! After being told NOT to let it hit any part of his body , a guy waved his hand in front of it before the boss was outta sight. Yep it sliced him to the bone ! The heavy rubber boots I wore had a big place of rubber peeled up from it once.
Way off topic huh ?! But common sense needs to be taught from time to time.

Oh boy! did I ever make a mistake.
Told the wife I was buying another tiller, one for the 123, well she blew a gasket. I was told I could not spend any more money this year on any more cub stuff, no way no how. It dont matter how much work it would save.
So to keep myself out of the dog house I have to listen to her and curb my cub spending for the rest of the year.
The good news is next year I should have a long list of needed items and enough cash saved up to aqurie them.
I will try to rember not to mention any purchases to the wife until said items show up.
For now I guess I will have to keep up with the forum and awaite until 2005 to get here.

Lonny -- just think of all the money she'll have extra now to spend at Fredricks of Hollywood !

(and if the spelling isn't right ... who cares!)

(Message edited by kweaver on June 15, 2004)

KWEAVER>
I know she will not be spending any money on stuff from Fredrick of hollywood, she aint that type of girl. but when she gets her dander up all he** breaks loose around here and I have to duck for cover at times.

Next month is our 19th anniversery, maybe she's got something cooking for that, who knows?
All I know is it will be a long 6 months befor I can add any cub stuff to my collection.
Maybe if I sell off some items, naw that would never work. besides I would just have to replace them with others.
Well I had better get back to work.

(Message edited by lbuttke on June 15, 2004)

Had a good day. Finally got my hands on a complete 1650. Client had one down in the barn. Mentioned cubs by chance and off he went.

Wanted to know if I wanted to buy it since he did not have time to work on it. Used to have a 50" deck but that is long gone as are side panels and carb. Still turns over freely though. In barn for several years. It's mine now.

Waiting on response from another client who has a 1250 in his barn.

Then the Swan's Ice Cream guy stopped saturday. Says he is getting into cubs and before the conversation was over, he is offering to give me a list of cubs on his routes. I was more than happy to say yes to that offer.

See what it brings. Hope a lot.

Still have room for about a hundred at the property/farm.

Lonnie:

You need to sell some un-needed cub parts and donate a little of the money to the other half. Tell her she is getting the profit from the sale. Just be careful so she does not start selling off the entire stock.

Mine is convinced that all the cubs are profit that I now have. I sold some and showed her on paper the profit and where it was going. Now I buy and sell at leisure. Make a small contribution once or twice a year. Ask Charlie Mc if the back yard is not full.

(Message edited by fmorski on June 15, 2004)

I must be reading things wrong tonight ...

"runs good - no carb"
confused.gif

"complete - minus side panels and carb"
confused.gif

sounds like other forums I use to go to years ago
If I had money I'd go fishin and sort this out

Frank,
i agree with your suggestion on sharing some of the cub funds, there is no better investment.
if she feels you are spending too much time on your cub projects divide your project time with her... one project of her choice, then one project for you, schedule things out so she doesn't feel left out and resentful, the long term benefits are excellent.

for example, i just finished installing replacement windows on the house, so now i get to finish up the 169, when that's done i start painting the house and after that i start my 16' x 24' cub shed. it's been agreed in advance that after that i begin hunting for my round fendered cub.

this was yesterday's progress...

19602.jpg

19603.jpg

Guys I really need some help with a 1A tiller. I bought a tiller for my 682. I bought it and got a straight mule drive off a wf and a belt with it. Ithink the PO used it on a 129 The belt was too narrow for the 682 application and too short so I ordered the correct belt and received it yesterday. I went to put it all together and used the new mule drive and the belt fits(length) but the pulleys on the mule drive are for the narrow belt not the 5/8" belt for the 682. So I figured that I could just use the mule drive that I have for my deck(angled) but if I do that the belt won't fit. So I thought that I could swap pulleys onto the new mule drive, belt doesn't fit. It is the correct belt, according to Cub. So I am lost. On the new mule drive the pulleys sit further towards the back of the tractor than mine that I have for the 682. The pulleys are also a smaller diameter. Any help any of you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Is there any reason that I cannot get into the modifications folder?

DAVE M. - Son & I started with a Koyosho 1/10 scale Outlaw Rampage and mod'd the HECK out of it! Direct drive, Duratrax Everything and raced the heck out of it with the electrics before anyone else had 2 WD gas trucks. Then Associated came out with the RC10-GT truck and We raced the wheels off that for almost 8 years. Same truck, and We had RPM Everything. The last year We went ALL OUT, A-Main chassis, Hamad Guhmann billet Stealth tranny, Thorp Diff washers, TOP (Nova Rossi) C12 engine (one of the first couple hundred imported from Italy) and the truck was the class of the field. Son only "Club Raced" the gas trucks but He finished 62nd out of over 170 at the Reedy Modified Natl's in Lake-in-the-Woods, IL. in 1998 I think it was, With a LOSI XXT Graphite Plus. Met Matt & Mark Francis, Brian ??(Little Short Guy that won everything for a couple years) and all the other "Team Drivers" Great experience for Him. I have to agree that the LOSI trucks are the Cub Cadet of R/C trucks. They are The Best! Son bought a XXXT about 2 yrs ago and assembled it and it looked/drove so great His Boss who raced bought it from him! WYATT - I LOVE the W-450!!! Local phone co. at home had one for laying phone cable back 30+ yrs ago. Had a subsoiler and at times they had to tandem & triple up with the 504 Utility and another Farmall I can't remember what the model was. MR. Cabot - I think Kraig & Ken want a recent Progress Pic. of the "Grader" (Me too for that matter!)

Lonnie,

Frank M's back yard, side yard, and driveway are full! He has way more cubs and stuff than I think he is entitled to - I cannot imagine the sales job he had to do to get the Mrs. to park in the street so he can have a complete machine shop in his garage! I wish I could find the deals Morski finds! People give him good stuff!
I am still hoping for enough garage room to rebuild a kohler this fall when my daughter goes to college. (and doubt I'll get it). I was also cut off (from cub money) just after picking up my 2nd! Tis a sad, sad day when the play money gets locked up.

Jerry G., hopefully one of the guys that have used a #1, 1A, 2 or 2A tiller on a 82 series Cub Cadet will post how they did it. AFAIK, the #1-#2A tillers were really only made for use on Cub Cadets through the Quiet Line series. The 82 series Cub Cadets have a wider PTO pulley as you have discovered. I would think you'll also need a wider pulley on the rear gear box too. FWIW the 82 series were intended to use the tillers that had an 8hp B&S engine on them. I do know that an adapter package was made to mount the #1-#2A tillers onto a 782 with CAT-0 hitch. but this setup still used the front PTO and rear gear box so there must be a way to do it. Hold on for one of the guys to post. I believe Kevin D. and Pat I. have this type tiller on the back of there 782Ds with the CAT-0 3 point.

I believe the Modifications Folder is still "under development".

Latest posts

Back