• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 14, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aewald

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Austin Ewald
On the number 2 trailer, how are the wheels attached to the axle? Looking at the axle and wheel, the bushing is up to the end of the shaft and looks like nothing is holding it on

Austin,
Nice find.
I think the wheels are pinned like the #1 Carts are. I don't have a pic of a #2, but I do have this pic of the #1 wheel.
325853.jpg

Austin, let’s see more pics of that set up!!! Nice find, so far doesn’t look all rusted up either!
Sweet!
What tractor you pulling it with?

Steve - I wasn't very happy with the way they handled it. They refunded the labor costs, but would not refund the cost of the parts. They made a big deal about how they were doing me a huge favor even attempting a rebuild on this old of an engine, even though when I initially contacted them they told me they work on old Kohlers all the time. They took it back to diagnose (whole tractor this time instead of just the engine). It sat in their yard for probably close to 8 months while they were trying to source another engine for it. After all that time passed I determined I was done with them and went and picked up the tractor. Since then it's been sitting behind my shed under a tarp while I have been looking for an engine for it.

I'm a past forum lurker, having a PTO issue I haven't seen answered before. Every couple of times I use my CC 149, one of the PTO fingers "falls off" the edge of the center button. Then the center button and wear button get torn up. New PTO fingers don't seem to have helped the situation. Clutch pressure and release lever clearance are as per spec., doesn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong, or what else could be worn, that would solve the problem? I thought I had it solved when I shimmed the clutch lever to center the wear button on the clutch center button
sad.gif
NOT!

325885.jpg

Reynold F.
I can tell by the pic that your 2 center tension springs are not adjusted near enough.
Which one of these are you using.
325887.jpg

325888.jpg

Austin E,

Nice find on the #2 trailer. Yours is in pretty good shape compared to many I've seen w/rusted out bottoms, crappy patch repairs, etc. Interesting question on the how your wheels are being held on as that axle s/b sticking out past the end of the hub with a cotter pin in it like Craig posted. Did later production trailers have a snap-on feature for the hubs maybe?

Reynold F,

I wonder if you are using the correct gauge tool for setting the spring compression? You have the later style PTO w/ the two flat springs. The later style gauge tool has longer fingers and longer lengthwise compared to the earlier style. Also, what condition are the three coil release springs, Part # IH-27452-D, c/t the special screws b/t the back pressure plate and the main clutch housing? When you disengage the clutch, those three springs help separate the back pressure plate, so the main clutch housing/pulley stops spinning. They also help keep load on the fingers so they don't flop out of place. If the springs have ever got overheated due to clutch slippage, they must be replaced. Hope this helps.

Ok, so I do have the bottom gauge - the one for the PTO with the pegs to hold the two flat springs. I'm adjusting for the two center points "just off" the spring surface, when the ends are touching the exterior PTO surface - in each of the three positions, and checking after final tightening of the lock nuts.

Reynold F.
That's the correct tool.
But it sure looks like your not adjusted right.
How much of a gap do you have between the PTO and the bronze button with the PTO disengaged?
Did you go by the instructions?
CLICK HERE

Ron R.S.,
You might be onto something about those springs between the pressure plate and the clutch body. I'll replace them too, this time, and see what that does.
Digger, I'm adjusting the release so the bronze button is "just" clear of the center button in the running position. I do have a copy of the manual, that tells me 0.000-0.030" between the center button and the wear button. (page 2-81 of Service Manual GSS-1464W/Revision 2, September, 1979)

Here's my OTF contribution

1st day on the job.
Back in the saddle, felt like I never left after 8 years.
Hauled 2 loads of bulk cement from Buffalo, IA to Dubuque.
They tell me it will be maybe 1 or 2 days a week.
Then again, maybe more.....or not.
Just filling in as an extra truck when needed during summer rush.

Extra cash will help w/the shop project.
Floor guy is due to show up on Monday.

325897.jpg

Charlie (Digger),

I continue to totally appreciate your contributions to flags, veterans, and the U.S. in general.

Thank you.

Brian Albrecht...Thanks so much for the suggestion. It turns out the float stop on my 100 was just 6 inches. The one on my 73 was over a half inch longer so I just swapped them and everything works great when mowing with the 100 now. My 123 also has a longer one and my 70 has another short one. I had no idea these were different lengths; the cast end decks do a great job!

Wayne S.
We live on the only highway leading to the headwaters of the Mississippi river and get in excess of 3,000 cars a day by our place, and I have to make sure and remind everyone that passes what it means to fly our flags every chance we get (We have no less than 3 flying all the time anyway). To me, it's a duty, nothing more, nothing less. And I'll do it till the day I die! God Bless this great country we live in and the people we share it with!
325899.jpg

Charlie,

Thank you, that is super nice of you.
greenthumb.gif

Every time I see a flag, I think of the sacrifice given to have that flag.
Wish I lived closer so I could come by and visit.

Back