• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 14, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Dennis: I'm fairly confident thats the issue... Now that I think about it, I have seem some smaller bearing balls rolling around the shop floor lately and with the one pulley being off-kilter I'm sure that's it...

I'll check tonight but man that's gunna suck if I can't get these... Seems like a part they'd want to keep making...

Makes me wonder as well if me being in second gear actually didn't cause the smoke-out issue but rather the extra strain of the seizing pulley...

Gah! I'll report back!

Brian, I believe the Heavy Duty mule drive pulley that Charlie sells will work. Check with Charlie to be sure.

Confirmed! When facing the front of the tractor the right side pulley is completely seized...

@Kraig: Thanks I'll reach out to Charlie =)

Reached out to ccspecialties.org for more information =)

I'm also seeing in some circles this is the new preferred pulley:

http://www.cubcadet.com/equipment/cubcadet/ih-61176-c92

...yet the parts ref's aren't updated to reflect that
1a_scratchhead.gif

GOSH... those idler pulleys used to be $5-$6 each. Now they're almost $22 each. Mule drive belts are $30, plus they "value engineered" them so they only last a year or less.

Brian E - if you look at CC Specialties (Charlie's) page for Mower Deck parts about 1/2 way down the page you'll see the Heavy Duty Version Pulley IH 61176-C92. You just have to know where to look to find this stuff (and it's alot less than the $22 that Dennis mentions).
http://ccspecialties.org/implementparts_2.html

Hydro, please read my 11:53 am post from this morning.
happy.gif

@Harry: Charlie got back to me and I just ordered two from him
buttrock.gif

Jeremiah,first i,m a retired machinist ,and as a hobby i restore cubs and others ,.my first cub i rebuilt did have the knock .and the next one i set out to see why ,so i set the cam up in the lathe and found each end was off as much as .008 and other end was off as much as .005 so i machined both ends true ,and as for the end side of the block it was off as well ,so i made a lapping tool and lapped them both true .and made new shims to pick up the clearance to give it .007 on both the cam and crank .i try too keep them the same because if you don,t one will clime the other ,and there is the knock ,this was the last knock i ever had ,and i have rebuilt many of the K engines ,and there is not much else true about thease engines either ,i do have photos of what i have done ,but sorry i can,t send them .because i have the new 8.1 p/c and its more than i can handle to sent photos .i hope any of this helps .David

Latest posts

Back