• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 14, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eddie Burton

beerchug.gif
I guess only some of us got that figured out !
old.gif

Jerry,

Thanks for the heads up. I have heard about those centering bearings. The last chatter that I heard was there was one on the transmission pump side. I was unaware of one on the engine side. I don't recall reading anything about these in the service manual. I somehow think they have to be somewhat difficult to install. I hope they are an available Cub Cadet or CNH part.

Guys us Canadiens like are IH tractors also!As promised my friend had one cub and well if you think about it I think he has the BUG ! Fred owns a big truck shop that can cover all than they would need for repair and maint issues. He was asked to build my loader and I guess that started him. I think Charlie has seen a few orders from him , because we all know what has to be done to have what was offered back awhile.

worthless.gif

240113.jpg

240114.jpg

Don`t tell him I took this!

240115.jpg

240116.jpg

His first tractor from his Father was a 1650 that he has restored .

240117.jpg

240118.jpg

240119.jpg
He has some IH around.
Dang when I saw this the first time I drove into his shop I saw this trailer.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Sorry Fred to have sold you out.
beerchug.gif
Fathers Day weekend up here .
old.gif

Wayne,
On my 102 that went to tractor heaven a couple years ago, I had a very similar break in the undercarriage. Dad welded it up just fusing the broken parts, and sure enough, it broke again in a short time. When I had my neighbor reweld it, I took a piece of scrap the same thickness and width as the undercarriage piece, about 3 inches long, and patch welded it to the original, with a good weld along the whole perimeter of the gusset, then drilled it for the pin. It was a tight squeeze to get the cotter pin in, but the repair lasted for many years until I scrapped the tractor.

Ron, Bruce-

Thanks for the input. I was fortunate enough to have another frame in good shape so I can take my time fixing this mess. I can't believe something like that made it out of the door of the factory.

We're planning on putting this 128 back together tomorrow but the neph is easily sidetracked. He's bringing one of his 1250s to mount this mowing deck and use. He hasn't even used this tractor since he bought it over a year ago; it came with no deck. We'll see what happens.

Charlie ,
looks like you read my mind! I figured it would be worth a try but oh well im a mechanic at a machine shop we rebuild lots of gear cases and things so I thought maybe one of our parts guys could find me one
sad.gif

had to to an emergency clutch job on the ol' 71 her disc exploded while mowing the other day lol took the pressure plates to work and faced them off now all I need is that bearing............

i removed my drive shaft when i fixed my hydro leak installed the new cooling fan and i didnt see any line up ball you guys keep talking about i looked at some pics were are they suppose to be located at thanks

I thought The pictures I posted would lead to some level of excitement on here . I bet Fred would love to hear some comments on his 782 .
1a_scratchhead.gif

Wayne S. Regarding that mis-drilled piece. Back in the 1970s a local Ford Ag dealer used to say to his customers, "It only has to work twice. Once when I demonstrate it and once when i deliver it. After that it is either covered by warranty or it is the customer's problem." Since your piece made it past the warranty part it has become the customer's problem. Bummer with that though. (How's the new kitty addition doing with his new home?)

Donald T. Those tractors and attachments are fantastically awesome. I can see that he beefed up the front spindles on the 782. Did he put power steering on the tractor? Also... Is that you in the picture "borrowing" the tractor?
Shift.gif

I'm off to get a cultivator boxed up to ship to Kentucky. It's been raining off and on since last night. We definitely need the rain. A youngster approached Angel and me and asked if he could lease one of the Cub Cadets to help jumpstart his lawn mowing business. He came highly recommended since I don't really like lending out my tractors. His John Deere 112 is currently being refurbished so we loaned him the 125. Needless to say.... He's definitely fallen head over heels with a hydro for mowing. Now he's talking of starting his own snow removal business. I told him that he needed two Cub Cadets for that. One with snowthrower and one with a front blade. He smiled and asked, "How many Cub Cadets do you have?"

Everyone have a wonderful and safe day.

Marlin Homrighausen

No that is Fred the owner in that picture.He used a hub off a car for the front spindle . He plans to take it to his camp at the lake this weekend and test the hoe and promised to let me know how it works. There was some talk of adding the hoe to my 129 .But after buying the zturn I spend all my savings for this summer .I hope to get him posting on here . He has Three tractors I have not see yet and and hope to get pictures of some day. Off for a run on my Nomad MC in the Annapolis Valley . Should be a blast with 4 bikes and wives going along . I will hate the Frenchies stops. (used clothing store)
old.gif

Back